Skip to main content
Topic: It's not just ammo and components (Read 471 times) previous topic - next topic

It's not just ammo and components

I touched base with my favorite FFL this morning just to follow up on a few guns I asked him get for me should they become available.

Nothing in stock at my distributors.  I’ve never seen anything like the current supply situation, ever.  Everything is sold out or limited availability.  Even over/under shotguns are hard to come by!  One distributor’s catalog of “long guns” is 3,477 total, and only 34 of those are “in stock” at the moment.  That’s barely 10%…..

Seems like everything is going straight to Gunbroker these days.

I guess on the bright side I'm saving all kinda money not buying anything :(. If this keeps up I'll probably forget how to fill out a 4473.
Chris

Re: It's not just ammo and components

Reply #1
A lot of guys in competition are going to be hurting this year.

Reply #2
Well, our communist gov, is trying to ban handguns, and even airsoft replicas rifles.  New bill proposed. Bill C21.  It's so depressing.  The price of regular gas just jumped to 116.9 per litre. I think they claimed Texas as the cause but it's just to speed up the middle class debt. grrrrrrrrr  Rant over.

On a good note, we had smokies over the campfire for supper tonight. They still have not banned wood.......yet.

Reply #3
Went to Bass Pro in Cary NC,  this morning.  No reloading stuff,  AT ALL.   Only ammo,  was about 20 boxes on Winchester .308.   But,  PLENTY of Firearms.  Had $75 worth of gift cards.  Ended up buying a Work Sharp Belt Sharpener,  and some extra Belts.
Mark

Reply #4
My friend Jim ran up on some factory ELD-M at a LGS in Leesville, LA.  $69.99 for a 20 round box.  No thanks.  Another friend has five boxes of 6.5 PRC 143 ELD-X on the way.  My cut is one box.  Good with that.  Jim and Craig "play" more than I do.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #5
This "offer" came in last week, I'll pass. I'm used to paying around 20 cents a round for 9mm plink ammo.

Ammo crunch have you worried?
We've got 9mm inbound and will be ready for delivery in June, you can order now on our website to get your delivery secured. It won't last long so don't procrastinate!
Boxes of 50 rounds and case quantities of 1,000 rounds. 124 grain FMJ, Brass cased, boxer primed and non-corrosive ammunition.
Case price (1000) $800.00
Box price (50) $42.50
Chris

Reply #6
This "offer" came in last week, I'll pass. I'm used to paying around 20 cents a round for 9mm plink ammo.

The guy I help, at the shows,   had 124 gr FMJ,  9mm Blazer,  brass cases,  $24.95 for 50,   and 1000,  for $500.  I remember before this crap started, he was selling it for about $250/1000.  He's making no more money now,  than he was,  then.   His suppliers,  are the one's jacking the prices.  Glad I have some 9MM supplies to reload with.
Mark

Reply #7
Ya every year, prices seem to go up. I have some old vs new prices. I have an original CCI " Sargent Gopher "  we used to call it. .17 HMR box of 50. Had the picture of a gopher with a helmet on it, anyway then it was $11.99, now it's hard to find a box of 50 for under $25.00. I also have an older, new container of Blackhorn muzzle loader powder. It say $49.95 on it, they are $75 here now.
I found some for sale, Federal TNT, ( my CZ varmint loves them ) for $19.95 a box. I would buy a brick if I had more cash. At least I still have 1000 rounds ish of mixed HMR ammo.
I know once our stores bring more in, it will be higher yet.

Reply #8
Never let a crisis go to waste.

Reply #9
I bought may daughter a carry revolver 2 years ago from Grabagun, a S&W 642 for 313.00.  They are now selling at Grabagun for $469.99

Eric
NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

Reply #10
You should see the price of an SKS up here now.  They are on the banned list now, but are harder to find and pricy.
At one time you could buy one for around $150, now I think some are going for $450.

Reply #11
It's been a lot of years since I've seen an SKS cheaper than $300 down here. I'd have a closet full @ $150 😂
Dave

Reply #12
I remember seeing full crates of them here at gun shows. Should have bought one of two crates and stashed them for a rainy day.

Reply #13
Captmarine’s thread on having to wait for an annealer is just another example. The inventory is thin in every area.

Reply #14
Just found a 8# of reloder 26. Last one he had. Has piles of powder available. But limits sales to one 8# jug or two 1#'s of each type per person. Small store here in Saskatchewan a guy runs out of his house. Very impatient man but has alot of components available. Is starting to run a bit thin because of word of mouth recently and he had lots of availability.