My pride and joy.. what's yours ?

Started by gman47564, August 26, 2018, 12:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darryle

NRA Patriot Life Benefactor * GOA Life Member * TSRA Life Member * NSCA Life Member

jvw2008

Very nice! Like the laminated stock and that action is like silk. ????

chazwood

Finally got the chassis back from being painted, and everything is together.
This is my new comp rifle in 6XC.
Tikka action.
Swan barrel.
Area 419 brake.
MDT oryx chassis painted in a cryptic type snow camp.
Nightforce NX8 scope.

gman47564

Grant

DHuffman

Dave

gman47564

Might as well put my latest in here..
Savage 110 long action
Criterion 28 inch bull barrel chambered in straight 284 Winchester
Orxy chassis
Pst gen 2 5x25x50 scope
Atlas bipod
Apa fat bastard brake
Shooting 184 gr Berger hybrids
Grant

DHuffman

I've probably skipped a few or more but my latest is a Savage 112 Target Magnum in .338 Lapua Mag.

I put a 6-24 Vortex Viper PST on it I had in the scope drawer.

Broke the barrel in and started load development yesterday with H4831SC  and Sierra 250 SMKs

4 of the first five shots were touching and it looks like it's going to like 89.5 - 90.5 grains of powder.

Several 3 shot groups were close or touching.

Recoil is nowhere near what some would like you to believe. I shot it 40 times yesterday and couldn't tell this morning.

Dave

mnbogboy

Is it me or does a message on a barrel really help?
I would think an accidental discharge, especially at a crowded range, would have me crawling into the nearest chipmunk hole and I most likely wouldn't reappear until February 2.
We already have background checks,  maybe the form should have some basic firearms safety questions!
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

autoxforfun

Nice build Chaz!!!!  I've considered a 6XC for awhile.  Seemed pretty close to the CM so I went that route, but would be interested in your thoughts and results.

Dave, that 338 LM looks pretty nice.....great shooting.  Boy, that is a lot of powder to go thru.

Grant, one hole is very impressive.....great looking and great shooting rifle.  Well done !!
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Cold Trigger Finger

Really nice looking rifles guy's!
 Very distinct. Very nice !!
If your going to be a Bush Alaskan You need a perfect winter rifle. The Ruger M77 Hawkeye SS in 6.5 Creedmoor is mine.<br>You are being watched.

DHuffman

Quote from: autoxforfun on October 21, 2019, 09:01:16 PMNice build Chaz!!!!  I've considered a 6XC for awhile.  Seemed pretty close to the CM so I went that route, but would be interested in your thoughts and results.

Dave, that 338 LM looks pretty nice.....great shooting.  Boy, that is a lot of powder to go thru.

Grant, one hole is very impressive.....great looking and great shooting rifle.  Well done !!

It consumes a lot. You wonder if the Chargemaster is ever going to get there.
Dave

chazwood

Quote from: autoxforfun on October 21, 2019, 09:01:16 PMNice build Chaz!!!!  I've considered a 6XC for awhile.  Seemed pretty close to the CM so I went that route, but would be interested in your thoughts and results.
There's not much difference the CM has a little more speed, but the XC will have a bit better barrel life. I hope. I'm very happy with my choice, this is my second XC.
This is a 4 shoot group from a seating depth test I did on the weekend, at 100yds.

Fuj

Well my pride and joy has been FrankenCreed, but my "REAL"
pride and joy has been my Rock River EOP/5.56. It's still a bolt
gun although rotary.  :D  Gave it a new set of eye's. I pulled the
Bushy 6-24x50 FFP, and replaced it with the Bushy 4.5-30x50 SFP
I had on FrankenCreed. Frank's going to get a complete remake,
but more about that down the road. There is almost 2000 rounds
thru the Wilson Arm's barrel RRA uses. Still stacks em' in there
with that Israeli Mod-1, 77gr ammo.

Note.....This same rifle has always been my avatar.

Piper11

My Stick GA Precision Hospitaller in 6.5 Creedmore 26 inch barrel
Today beautiful Fall day 5 shots 1 hole @ 100 yds it shoots better than I can.
But I still hit any moa target to 1000 with my old eyes

Piper11

How do I add pictures from my iPad?
I got it