News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Nightforce 7-35 rings question

Started by Exostatic, October 17, 2020, 09:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Exostatic

Hello there, Firstly thanks for the help in advance!
Ok what I have is a Tikka T3x TAC 6.5 creedmoor that has only known the back of my gun safe in Texas, so sad.  I was so wrapped up in a great scope that I bought a Nightforce 7-35X56 TreMor 3 reticle.  I have not put 1 bullet down range yet because I was waiting (saving / researching) for a sight system.  I wanted to buy once and cry hopefully only once...we shall see.  HAHAHA   I have cleaned my Tikka, pawed her, hugged her but nothing else yet.  Well no buyers remorse yet but the credit card bill has not come in for the scope yet.  Well my philosophy of use is, I plan on precision shooting competitions but I have not competed in one yet.  I am not sure what rings I should buy... Yea those little things...  So I welcome what I should buy and why or what you have done.  I am sure I will dive into this site now that I know it exists.  Sorry if this question has been fielded again and again...  I know I have opened a big can of worms that will lead to all sorts of equipment that I will drive my wife nuts but I guess I will just buy her another over priced purse(s).  Last thought, do I need the elevated base of a Spuhr or should I stick with no elevation added base and just get  Nightforce rings with a level on it??  Yea I just stepped off in one big HOLE....AAAAAGGGGG
Thanks,
Exostatic

jvw2008

You have a very good rifle and an absolutely great scope. To match them up though you need a 20 MOA rail for long distance. Got with this aftermarket rail:  https://tikkaperformance.com/Tikka-T3-T3x-Gen2-Performance-Series-Picatinny-Rail

get NightForce rings and you are good to go.

Ranger 188

I agree with the above post. Great rifle, great scope.
You cried once and bought once. A lot of people will spend
twice that before they get to where you are now.
Put the 20 MOA rail on and it will be there for the life
of the rifle. The NF rings are just the icing on your cake.

jvw2008

Anything else is a wedding ring made of plastic.

Exostatic

The rail was on back order so since I could not be patient enough to go that route...  I ordered Nightforce extreme duty ultralight unimount 1.5 20 MOA 34mm.  To bad the rail was not available but a Nightforce mount will have to do.  I hope to get the scope mounted this week so I can get some range therapy.  I will break in the barrel then get her zeroed in.  My waiting on saving for a good scope was a lesson I learned on previous purchases that was not a good idea in hindsight.  I now like the buy once cry once lesson because rebuying for the same philosophy of use just puts you further away from where you want to be... I sucks to save or wait but I think I got exactly what I wanted this time around.  Thanks again for giving great advice, I am starting to dig into this sight since there is a lot of information that I need to retain to become a better shooter. 
Have a great day!
EXO

jvw2008