News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

New Savage rifles

Started by DHuffman, October 05, 2019, 09:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHuffman

Dave

DHuffman

Here's mine, 112 Target Magnum in .338 Lapua.

Target trigger, 3 screw action single shot and about the smoothest Savage I've had to date I think.

Dave

gman47564

savage is putting out some nice rifles these days dave... I still really like the stealth evolution... its a sweet set up if you like chassis rifles....
Grant

Downeast

I have the same rifle Huf. I replaced the Accu-Lawyer trigger with a Timney and never looked back. If I recall it is set at 1.5 pounds. It loves 300 grain OTM's. It a really fun gun to shoot!
IMPORTANT: These comments may contain information that is erroneous, false, or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor, or irrational religious beliefs. Any opinions expressed are my own and generally unpopular with others.

Fuj

Yes Sir !! Savage and MDT has had good relationship for some
time. Not real fond of their pistol grip though. I had to preform
some major surgery to get it to fit my hand, and get a bit of
an angle to it.  I'm also surprised they did not mod out the Oryx
chassis !! Well.....Grants got that covered at least !!  ;)

gman47564

Big fan of that orxy chassis!!!
Grant

autoxforfun

I have come very close to getting 112 Target Magnum like Dave has.  I held off since I really didn't have a place to shoot beyond 1000 yards. However,  I just found a local club that has land where they shoot out to 1500 yards and at times to a mile.  So I am back interested.  This new Savage Elite also comes in a 338 LM and a 30" barrel.....but for more money.  I can find the 112 Target Magnum here for just under $1K.  I suspect that I won't find the Elite for under $2K....at least for awhile.  But I think I see a 338 LM in my future.

I think the 112 Target is a nice looking rifle......still may go that way.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

DHuffman

I'm anxious to start shooting mine. As soon as I get home from MN and get caught up on some work it's on!

I've got brass, powders and 150 Sierra 250s to get it running with then I'm not sure what bullet I'm going to run.
Dave

Ranger 188

Bob, you should take a look at the Ruger RPR in 300 PRC
Should be able to find for $1600.00
Won't be as abusive as the 338LM and a little cheaper to feed
but should reach out and touch something to a mile and under.