News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

New Factory Offerings on Midway

Started by sportacus, February 07, 2019, 01:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportacus

Surfing the net while waiting for a line of thunderstorms to pass.  Midway shows the Sierra Gamechanger loaded by HSM in stock.  Shows Sierra load of same bullet "coming soon." No published MV for either so I cruised right on by.  Sent a curt email to Swift Bullets a few years ago about no published data on their High Grade line.  Got shocked to my toes a few days later with a personal call from Mr. Bill Hober himself.  He gets it.  Keep these Creedmoor cowboys happy or they will turn on you like a pack of Catahoula cur dogs.
If you have the shot, take it.

jvw2008

Nightfisher1

I love the description of those dogs temperament...

"Most Catahoulas are good with children, and will protect them against aggressors, (though some are prone to mistake aggression for other emotions)."

"Sometime you will have to remind them that you are the alpha, because they are incredibly smart dogs, and it might go to their heads."

sportacus

jvw2008,
Thanks for the link.  Had them all my life until I left for the ARMY in 1975.  They are utility dogs and can do it all.  Hogs, cattle, deer and small game.  Best my brother and I ever had was a buckskin named "Buck".  Louisiana nickname protocol in effect. Awesome squirrel dog.  Reached a point where we took friends and did not carry a gun so they could enjoy the experience. But, when he cut a hog track, the squirrel  hunt was over.  In their DNA.  At the time, tons of blooded hogs in the woods, marked in the ears.  Killing one could get you some time in Angola.  Like all dog men, when you hear the vocals, know the prey.  Treed, a howling bark.  Swine, a yip, yip, yip and he was bringing them to you.  We traded puppies back and forth for FREE.  Now they go for thousands of $ if from a good line.  Want one in the worst way, but too old and spend too much time on the road to do justice to an American original.

sportacus

Nightfisher1,
Recalled some ancient memories.  We had a lemon bitch that had six puppies.  Gave the four females away and kept the two males,  Buck and Dan.  From the time they were weaned, would shred each other when the food was put out.  Alpha versus Alpha. Knew it would not work so gave Dan to renowned hog man. Pup went on to greatness.  We made the right choice.  Killed a lot of deer and squirrels in front of Mr. Buck.

Fuj

Ugliest dog I ever did meet !! Friend of mine in Florida put me
up for a week to do some swamp buggying. Pat would tie wool
army socks together for a chew toy. Once the dog had them
socks, there was no getting them back. I learned real quick not
to leave my socks on the floor before going to bed. You were not
going to get them back !!  LOL   

lathoto

This is the first I have heard of this breed.  Very interesting.  There is no comparison to an intelligent and loyal dog.  Thanks to all for sharing. 
See you at the range.