News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

1350 possibly..

Started by gman47564, September 15, 2018, 04:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvw2008

Well buddy I think that was a pretty darn good day!  New equipment and 6mm bullet in the wind - that's just plain good shooting. You popped the cherry on the 1300. Next time you'll have your kinks worked out on the table and bipod and the wind won't mater so much. No digust here, just a big hand ????!

????

gman47564

Thanks jerry..i appreciate that. i need to get some of that abrasive tape for the front of that shooting table. The feet on the bipod would just slide on it when I tried to load it.
Grant

Ranger 188

Did you have fun?
You did get some hits at 1000 and 1300.  Not a lot of people can say that.
Did you use the 6 or 6.5?
Do you think it was you, wind or the ballistic app that was off at distance?

gman47564

had a good time Gregg.. I used the 6...it was mainly me... I struggled with the bipod on the slick surface of the table and trying to use the bag the bipod messed with me.. the bipod has a mlok mount so I couldn't take it off ...should have took some tools with me...   the app was good for elevation...  and I just struggle in the wind way out there...my last 4 hits at a 1000 were less than 8 inches.. mainly horizontal... and the 2 at 1300 had maybe 3 inches of vertical and 7 inches of horizontal...
Grant

Steamer

Have you looked at attaching a board to the table top, or clamp a 1x4 to the front to give you something to put the bi-pod against?

Glad you all had a good time. That's all that matters.
The most misused words in the English language are "can't" and "won't".

Txhillbilly

Sounds like you had a good time even with the bipod issue. I can't wait for the weather to cool off and stop raining around here,I haven't shot anything in several month's.

gman47564

good idea steamer... I work road construction and I have access to temporary striping tape... used for marking center lines in the road and white lines on the edges of roads... it has a pretty abrasive surface on it that I think will work... if not a may clamp I little narrow board across the top...
Grant

DHuffman

Bi-pods look cool but bags rule! Good job Grant. Wish we lived closer I'd love to air it out long with you!
Dave

gman47564

thanks dave... that would be cool to shoot with ya...its a shame a bunch of us aint closer to each other...
Grant