News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

Bench Top Primer Seater

Started by jvw2008, August 10, 2018, 11:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvw2008

This may sound like a P&M statement, but I'm really tired of hand priming my cases and frustrated with the inconvenience of the alternatives I've found so far.  Initialy I started with a Lee and then a Hornady tray hand primer. switched to the CoAx press incorporated primer system, then to a Sinclair hand held, and now back to the CoAx press.  I like the CoAx press because I can get very consistent seating depths with the unit, but it is a PIA to individually load primers into.

I want sensitivity during seating, consistent and adjustable seating, and not hand cramps after a batch of 300 cases. Oh, I also don't want the process to take forever, and I don't want to pay $600 for a Primal Rights competition seater.  Ha! Ha1

So if the Competition Seater is out due to cost, what other alternatives do you recommend?

Blinkster

I use a RCBS Bench Primer.  Has the automatic primer feed and I get a good "feel" on the seating depth. 

jvw2008

I've been looking at them.  Their construction (at least in pictures) looks to be more sturdy then the Lee bench model.

Schrambo

+1 on the RCBS, very good feel seating primers...
Living the dream in the BoZone...

Wilson1911

How deep are your pockets ?????

https://www.primalrights.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=101

They do have a lite version out now, I may get that when I have the funds.
I am not the biggest, nor the fastest.  I will not fall short or stray off my target. I am a surgical instrument, who lives in the X ring. I am the 6.5 Creedmoor with deadly precision.

jvw2008

Quote from: Wilson1911 on August 10, 2018, 04:09:09 PMHow deep are your pockets ?????

https://www.primalrights.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=101

They do have a lite version out now, I may get that when I have the funds.

I saw that Wilson and was interested until I watched video on YouTube. You have to run it off your press and I was "unim-pressed" ????

gman47564

This is what I prime everything with. Works great. And simple to set up and use. I'm guessing they have been 15 to 20 thousand primers ran through it with zero issues.
Grant

jvw2008

jeffmedlin

Quote from: jvw2008 on August 10, 2018, 05:26:22 PMhttps://hollandsgunsmithing.com/product/hollands-perfect-primer-seater/

Starting to look pretty hard at this one.

Ummmm.... OK.... so I wasn't even thinking about a new priming too....UNTIL I SAW THIS.  Your are not doing me any favors over here @jvw2008 !!!
If you're gonna fight, fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.   ... and brother its starting to rain.

Ranger 188

You folks must have more money than I.
I have some really nice property for sale, it includes a bridge and all!    ;D

jvw2008

Rob01

Quote from: gman47564 on August 10, 2018, 05:10:08 PMThis is what I prime everything with. Works great. And simple to set up and use. I'm guessing they have been 15 to 20 thousand primers ran through it with zero issues.

I use a Dillon 550 I have had for years. Works great. Nothing special needed. Would be cheaper to buy one than one of those cool Primal Rights priming set ups. LOL I wouldn't give him a dime anyways.

Wasn't there a thread on here where everyone said that you had to hand prime if you wanted precision? LOL

eas1949

The best primer seater bar non is the RCBS bench seater, the one shown with the Hollands Jerry posted.  You don need the micrometer add on as the seating feel is very good.

Eric
NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

MLN1963

Jerry

Just stick with the tried and true primer seater on your Co-Ax. You know it's the best one anyway. ;0)

Yup, that's what I use too.
RPR 6.5 Creedmoor
Bergara 6 Creedmoor

dadajack

Second Eric's post. I love mine so much, I use it...
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
I have a lot of guns... There, I said it.