News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

WARNER TOOL FLATLINE

Started by xbonesny, November 12, 2017, 03:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xbonesny

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE 122GR PILLS FROM WARNER?? AT A BUCK A PILL, I'M MORE THAN A LITTLE INTRIGUED

rardoin

Jerry?  Did you ever end up testing them?

Darkker

Not that particular bullet, but them, yes.
When they were first announced a year or two ago, I could smell the..... marketing, from my tiny little town... >:(

Bought a box of the 308 155gr bullets to test some of their mystical claims. I had a very nice conversation with Mr. Warner when I ordered, where he reiterated that the claims(magically more speed, no increased pressure; or don't use powder X), were passed to him but there was no pressure tested data. I told him I WAS going to be pressure testing them, and would gladly pass on my results.
Tested them in a couple different rifles, and emailed data with some questions and concerns to him. Nothing came of it, so I posted my results on a different board; but think I've discussed it here as well... :-\

The only way to get those bullets to a velocity range of a class lighter in bullet weight(IE 155gr flying as fast as the 130-class) is to over-pressure the cartridge. That's the "out" in the marketing line, you in fact "CAN" get those speeds without any "Signs" of pressure. Which is simply yet another example of why "Signs", like sightings of your favorite fictional character, aren't an accurate description of what is going on. They also are quite happy to be powered by CFE even though was warned against. I didn't shoot mountains of them, but also found no abnormal fouling, as was also cautioned about.
They did seem well behaved as it pertains to jump to lands. They won't safely cross trans-sonic however, so keep them well into supersonic, or they will nose-over on you; makes an audible and interesting sound as it happens.
As I originally stated, Mr. Warner was perfectly reasonable, and simply building a product for someone; I do wish him well.
Cheers
I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

jvw2008

Quote from: rardoin on November 12, 2017, 05:04:05 PMJerry?  Did you ever end up testing them?

No but I would if they would expand their line to include 7mm.

Darkker

Better get your wallet out, they do have one!  ;D  ;D
I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

jvw2008

Buck thirty apiece - what a deal!  It will be interesting to see how they sort out on a Juenke.

CaptGrumpy

I think my money would be better spent on the Hornady/Vortex Bullet Cam! lol
Chris
Yup! That is a 6.5 in my saddle scabbard