News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Which one would you buy and why?

Started by 6milphil, May 23, 2017, 06:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuj

Quote from: Driftwood 6.5 on May 24, 2017, 12:32:37 PMWhat action is that Fuj?

Savage target action, right bolt, left port.....Loving that left port.  :D

Ed

Quote from: Fuj on May 24, 2017, 02:21:49 PMSavage target action, right bolt, left port.....Loving that left port.  :D
I have the same in a 6mm Dasher. I love it also. It only takes 5 minutes to get use to it.
Talk's cheap....takes money to buy whiskey

Litehiker

I've made my decision a year ago with the Ruger Precision Rifle and I am very happy with it.

When I compare the RPR to other precision rifles near that price range I feel I have the most features and accuracy for the money.

As of today (5/24/'17) I have put 236 rounds down the very accurate Ruger barrel. By the time I get to around 2,000 rounds I'll be looking at installing a Proof Research CF wrapped barrel.  Then my RPR will probably be even more consistently accurate.

We are living in a Golden Age of accurate rifles and amazing rifle scopes.

Eric B.
"I can stop buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want - I've done it hundreds of times."

CaptGrumpy

I am loving the Savage Stealth as it is amazingly accurate and easy to find and far less expensive than the RPR.
I also picked up the Bergara HMR in 6.5  and am certain it will be just as sharp as I hunt with the Bergara B14 Timber model and love the fit and groups it shoots out to 300 yards. I have not had it out further yet but pretty sure it will continue to shoot 1/2 moa for me as long as I am doing my part. Still trying to condition myself to start using the knobs and not just hold over
Chris
Yup! That is a 6.5 in my saddle scabbard

HufD63

I had to Google the GPS, honestly I don't care for the stock but that's just me. No surprise I'd pick any of the Savages for the ease of barrel swaps and the availability of quality pre fit barrels. I'd personally pick the LRP because I've never had one.

If I were going to break away from the Savages I'd go with the Ruger I guess.
Dave

CaptGrumpy

That GSR is looking mighty fine. I had not looked at that one till just now and it comes in 6 & 6.5
Chris
Yup! That is a 6.5 in my saddle scabbard

6milphil

I actually  prefer the GRS stock to the aluminum  chassis, my only concern is that it won't ride in bags very well will the grippy rubberized  stuff on the forend.