News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

anybody gone to see the new movie on Benghazi event "13 Hours" ?

Started by Fuzzbuster, January 24, 2016, 07:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzbuster

the wife and I are planning to see it on going Monday night at 6pm.  I will let you know what I think about it after I see it. 

looxahomapastor

It is non-stop action.  It made me very disappointed and ashamed of our leadership.  Very good movie, powerful
"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to do nothing"

uncledoggle

Quote from: looxahomapastor on January 24, 2016, 08:35:30 PMIt is non-stop action.  It made me very disappointed and ashamed of our leadership.  Very good movie, powerful

No personal offense intended, but your just now becoming disappointed and ashamed of our leadership?
All my guns are steel and wood.  Well most all.
Golden Years, my ass.

The Marshall

I want to see it.

I think the former secretaries of defense and state need to watch it, along with the guy living in the White House. All of them could use the excuse that they slept through it the first time but wanted to stay awake in the theater.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.
Every man has got to know his limits.

flyer

Well that sounds good, I was worried that it was a liberal propaganda piece to try and deflect blame from Hilary.

sportacus

Getting frustrated that she and her whole posse have not been charged.  Familiar with those types of classified documents.  Handled them like I had a 6 foot diamondback by the head.  One mess up and I knew I would be mowing grass at Leavenworth for a long time.  Glad the brave men portrayed in the film have stepped forward.
If you have the shot, take it.

rardoin

Almost finished with the book...likely will finish this pm.  I am near 3/4 complete and no politics...just facts as related by those on the ground and other credible research done by the author.  An incredible story of valor and honor.  Also it gives great insight of how complicated the decisions were that night.  I find no fault, as of yet, in the decisions and timing by the various organizations involved...there were many complicating factors beyond the knowledge of the author of the book.  However, I find great fault in a government/state department that sent our citizens into harms way unnecessarily and did not offer better security or withdraw them from country in the face of the KNOWN threat.  The Brits did and acted accordingly prior to the SHTF.   

Fuzzbuster

Well  the wife  and  I  went last night to see the movie at  6pm.  CONCERNING THE MAKE UP OF THE CROWD: Not a lot of young people there from the 20-30 crowd.  Most everyone there was well over 60.  My wife and I are both 58.  I was raised here and knew most everyone there since this is a small City, so there were a lot of folks there in their late 70s to mid 80s.  Most everybody was white and I dont think I saw anyone in the crowd that was black.  I did see a younger couple that looked like they could have been from India, but  I dont know really maybe they were from Mexico.  I think there were a whole lot more women there, than men, with a lot of being widows since I know them.  ON THE MOVIE ITSELF:  If the rating system for movies was based on real bad cussing only, this one would been an X rated. The   story never got into the politics of the Obama administration.  It never really got into the asking and asking for more security.  It did have just the other slant, the little fat guy there that was a wimp/nerd type ( I am sure he was from Obama) was in denial of the security problem and really early in the movie did not like the hired ex military guys to protect them.  I never saw anybody in an uniform on active duty to protect them, just this group of very hardened special ops guys.  The stand down orders just make you sick and mad at our government.  One think I learned that I did not know, is that of the four men killed, two were killed in one location and two killed in a different location about a mile away.  The shooting action along with impact shots with blood is A+ in my opinion.  It seems as real and as much action almost as "Saving Private Ryan" has in it.  I strongly advise you to go see this movie.   IT IS MY OPINION:  that the libs, democrats, uniformed voters/idiots and other left wing types that needs to go see this movie will not go see it.   

Hope I have not told you too much here.  One more thing the sound/special effects of real combat (as far as a movie can go with it) are as good as "Saving Private Ryan".   Go to the movie and see it.  It will inform you, make you mad, and make you sad.   You will come out there knowing without a doubt that we dont need any such H. Clinton or Bernie Sanders types in the White House running our Country. 

-CN-

This movie will do nothing but further infuriate the conservatives about our administration. While the libs will remain too stupid to understand this movie is not just a made-up piece of propaganda. Those who should see it won't, and those who will see it already know how f***ed up our national security is under Barry and Hillary.
It's CREEDMOOR - two E's, two O's.