News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Please Ban Him!

Started by eca7891, December 24, 2015, 10:34:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txcas

Sorry I have been out on vacation.  Who do I need to AX?  I will take care of it today.

eas1949

Looks like yo found him (them)

Eric

Oh

and Merry Christmas
NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

Cold Trigger Finger

Txcas;  Great to see you. Merry Christmas ! 
If your going to be a Bush Alaskan You need a perfect winter rifle. The Ruger M77 Hawkeye SS in 6.5 Creedmoor is mine.<br>You are being watched.

txcas

Merry Christmas!  cyuekd8 and his other alias are banned.  Thanks for letting know.

bowman3899

Thanks for the banning, that's another good thing about this forum no spammers.
I am Appalachian American

-CN-

I have a sportbike track days and racing forum. I can tell you that you are going to have to make some modifications to the registration page on this site in order to stop this. Once the spammers have located your forum they will keep coming. If they are computer automated registrations, you are going to have more than you can keep up with.
Use:
Security questions that only gun enthusiasts would know the answer to.
A simple puzzle that can only be solved manually with a computer mouse or touchscreen and using human knowledge.
Require a lot more fields to be completed in new members' profiles, like location, age, what's your favorite model Creedmoor, etc.
Could even go so far as to require each new member profile to be approved by a moderator. That way if profile information like "location" looks fishy, or there's no gun-related responses in the other required fields, then delete the pending member. 
Sure is easier than deleting all the spam posts and banning the spammer after they've already gotten in.
It's CREEDMOOR - two E's, two O's.

Cold Trigger Finger

Using a mouse to register isn't a good thing. I could  never have joined , as I used my fon for all my internet. . I have never been on this site on an actual computer. Ever.
 I would like having where everyone was from be part of the form tho. And the gun related questions are good imo
If your going to be a Bush Alaskan You need a perfect winter rifle. The Ruger M77 Hawkeye SS in 6.5 Creedmoor is mine.<br>You are being watched.

eca7891

Just ban all the addresses from China, Russia, North korea all the mideast and central Africa and the like and it will most likely end a majority of them.

-CN-

Quote from: Cold Trigger Finger on December 29, 2015, 01:49:05 PMUsing a mouse to register isn't a good thing. I could  never have joined , as I used my fon for all my internet. . I have never been on this site on an actual computer. Ever.
 I would like having where everyone was from be part of the form tho. And the gun related questions are good imo
It could be mouse or touchscreen.
It's CREEDMOOR - two E's, two O's.