News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Thoughts on custom build list?

Started by dskav, May 31, 2015, 08:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dskav

thanks guys!

good point, i haven't had a hand-lapped barrel before (i ended up getting a criterion for the barrel nut system ease of install/swap).  i've always just followed the mfg suggested break-in procedure in full - how can you tell when it's broken in short of completing the process?  just when it stops copper fouling?

Danbonzo

Yes very little to no copper build up and it's really easy to clean.
And if I may suggest... The mPro7 line- copper remover and bore gel. Trust me!!! the more it's used the easier it becomes to clean bore. Best stuff I've found to date, hands down.
RIP Chris Cornell

dskav

Quote from: Danbonzo on September 10, 2015, 09:25:03 PMYes very little to no copper build up and it's really easy to clean.
And if I may suggest... The mPro7 line- copper remover and bore gel. Trust me!!! the more it's used the easier it becomes to clean bore. Best stuff I've found to date, hands down.

yea after the recent thread on MPro7 i picked up some of their copper remover :)  haven't looked at the bore gel because i still have a good amount of the gunslick foaming bore cleaner left but i'll give it a shot when i run out

swampthang

we can all thank Rainier for the m-pro 7 stuff,
he knew i was hardheaded and wouldnt change from my solvents so he up and sent me some- once i saw for myself under the larry willis borescope what REALLY WORKED and WHAT DIDNT it was an easy change and i have been preaching it ever since, they even sell it at walmart here.
 i pick up some quiet regularly in case they stop carrying it i wont have to order it. GREAT STUFF !! ;)
"kill em all"

jvw2008

eas1949

Quote from: jvw2008 on September 11, 2015, 06:32:16 AMWalmart ?!!!!!

[media id=1418 type=preview align=center caption="Got enough MPro7 there Mr Swampy"]
NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

Aussie65

Don't look down on people unless you're helping them up.

Danbonzo

RIP Chris Cornell

dskav

hahaha oh walmart, an endless supply of entertainment
[mergedate]1441995662[/mergedate]
had a chance to get to the range and break her in this weekend.  wind was extremely strong and gusty so that wasn't great, but didn't go too bad.  my best 5-round groups are below. (100yds)

one slight issue i'd like to hear from you guys on - of the 58rds of factory hornady 120gr amax i put thru it, one round refused to chamber.  the rest chambered just fine.  do you think my headspace needs adjustment?  i plan on pulling the one that wouldn't chamber and run it thru the sizing die to see if that solves it

[media id=1445 type=preview align=center caption="0912151811"]

[media id=1446 type=preview align=center caption="0912151811a"]

[media id=1447 type=preview align=center caption="0912151812"]

Danbonzo

Can you compare the culprit to a round that will easily chamber? I'd suspect an oddball case in the factory ammo if all the others chambered no problem.
RIP Chris Cornell

dskav

Quote from: Danbonzo on September 14, 2015, 01:53:40 AMCan you compare the culprit to a round that will easily chamber? I'd suspect an oddball case in the factory ammo if all the others chambered no problem.

my calipers are on loan to a friend right now but when i get them back i'll check it out using the hornady headspace gauge