News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Nature's Best (pics)

Started by jvw2008, October 11, 2014, 11:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvw2008

Played peekaboo with this little guy in my front yard for about 15 minutes this morning.

Sorry guys - seems I still can't get Imgur to work off my iPhone. I will keep at it. ????

jvw2008

jvw2008

jvw2008

jvw2008

Same buck looking for some Sunday morning delight with the does. ????

That's my driveway in the background.

gman47564

pretty country jerry... nice buck as well...
Grant

Ranger 188

Jerry, nice young 4x4.  Maybe in a couple years you'll send us a picture with him a little wider and in some crosshairs!  ;)

jvw2008

This was probably his daddy a few years back. This pic is out my kitchen door. One of my shooting benches in the background. I didn't see this deer again after the first few months of winter and I think he succumbed to a mountain lion. Look close and you will see his body is in poor condition for the summer months.

chazwood

Awesome pics. Not sure the hunting in that area would be very challenging, I think it would be my type of hunting.

jvw2008

We have a tom and two queen mountain lions that consider us as part of their territory. When one of them shows up there is not a deer to be seen for several days in a row. ????  When that happens our dogs get walked at night on lead with a pistol in hand. The deer just learn. I often have to let them pass through my shooting range to finish a group. A month ago we had twelve snipers in to train in the mountainous terrain while several deer stood on the rocks and watched them. Adaptation.

kdanie

This guy was in my back yard in N. Idaho last summer.  Extremely dry summer pushed more deer down from the mountains than usual. I keep a large bucket of water out back so hopefully they don't cross the highway to the creek. We loose a bunch to traffic every summer. Unfortunately we get some poachers & punk kids "thrill killing" out back, shoot 'em up with the AR/AK and drive off.

We also get Moose & Elk in the winter and into early spring. Caught this old guy taking a break in the cedars on a warm day in April '16.

Occasionally black bear too, had a large one come through last Sep.  We seldom get mountain lions but it's something to keep on your mind when walking the back 40...

ken
Retired USCG E-9

kdanie

Saw this guy early last spring in WY.

ken
Retired USCG E-9

jvw2008

Truly a blessing to be able to cohabitate with that kind of wildlife. Beautiful kdanie. Thanx for sharing.

MLN1963

Some of you guys are blessed to live in such places. I'm jealous, but glad you share the views with your pictures. Thanks!
RPR 6.5 Creedmoor
Bergara 6 Creedmoor

kdanie

Before I left on my recent road trip I put out 2 trail cameras, I just got back today and pulled the SD cards. Mostly deer and my neighbor walking his dog but I caught these two in my yard. Looks like early Nov. disregard the dates/times on the pics, I forgot to reset the cameras.

ken
Retired USCG E-9