News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

Super Sniper Scopes???

Started by wyohunter99, January 26, 2011, 11:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyohunter99

Just wondering if any of you guys have tried them??? They get pretty good reviews elseware......
Thanks

JFComfort

Great starter scope for precision shooting. If you can spring for the mil/mil version.

www.sincityprecision.com

rob67gmc

Have a 10-40x50 on a Barrett Model 99 .50 BMG. No complaints.

oldreliable45120

I have a 20x on my 223 Rem 700P. No problems since I got it in 2008. Tracks fine and has clear lenses. A good starter scope for the money.

memilanuk

Quote from: rob67gmc on January 27, 2011, 04:21:32 PMHave a 10-40x50

Mmmm... don't think they've ever made one like that.  Different brand, maybe?

I've had several SS scopes... damn near bullet proof, clicks work great.  Parallax adjust is a little touchy on the higher power (16 & 20x) models, but it stays put once you get there.

Very disappointed that they never offered any other reticle choices other than the plain old coarse mil-dot.  Would have made a pretty decent starter F-Class / target rifle scope if they had.  Still not bad, but the reticle covers an awful lot of the X-ring as it is.
Team Savage F/TR

wyohunter99

I ended up getting the 16x42 and so far so good...

memilanuk

You put that thing on a .50 cal? 

You're braver than I, thats for sure  :o

If you go to swfa.com and look up the Super Sniper scopes (or go to supersniper.com, which takes you to their dedicated page for the scopes) you won't find a 10-40x50 model listed.  SWFA bought the rights to the 'Super Sniper' line from Tasco when they got out of 'em a few years back, as SWFA was the main (only?) distributor anyways. 

They may call it a 'Super Sniper' on that site, but its obviously not the same product line.
Team Savage F/TR

rob67gmc

My son bought that scope used to replace a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x. It is zeroed at 800 yds. and use the mildots on out to 1000 yds shooting  steel pigs. Had it for about 2 years, hasn't failed yet but who knows what will happen with the next trigger pull.

LeadHammer

DHuffman

Quote from: jopaxe6352 on March 21, 2022, 02:43:58 AMSuper snipers have been around.They were first used in World War I & were designed to close the distance between soldiers & their enemies. The scopes that super snipers use are high tech sniper scopes that can make the difference between life & death for combat soldiers. If you've ever played Call of Duty, Counter strike or another first person shooter game you'll know the importance of a high quality scope. A great scope lets you see snipers from miles away that would have killed you. It also makes taking out enemy soldiers much easier when they can't run and hide like in previous versions of the game.

Spam link deleted from this post
Dave