News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Aero Precision AR 10 build in 6.5 CM

Started by tomt, May 03, 2024, 10:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomt

The other day, I picked up an Aero Precision M5 lower receiver for a decent price. At the time I didn't realize saving $$$ on the receiver was going to cost mucho $$$ for the build. ;D  ;D Pretty much almost all of the parts and pieces are Aero Precision except for the Magpul Furniture and Superlative Arms gas block. The barrel is a 20"rifle length fluted Ballistic Advantage. I've loaded for my 6.5 CM bolt gun but not for a gasser. I will be running this gun suppressed with an Omega 300 until the Scythe-TI is out of jail. What should I on the lookout for? Thanks
Sig Cross Born & Raised Outdoors Edition
Tikka Super Varmint 6.5 CM

jvw2008

Are buying commercial ammo or reloading? Reloaded AR ammo can be tuned to the rifle just like a bolt gun.

Good luck with your new build.

tomt

jvv2008, I have several boxes of Hornady 140 match that I was going to use in the beginning. Then start working up a load using either H4350 of Rolder 16, I have more 16 than 4350. Also I have Starline large and small primer brass.

gman47564

https://www.65creedmoor.com/index.php/topic,12622.0.html

Tom here's a thread where I built the same gun a couple years ago. Not sure if it will help ya any or not but it might..
Grant

Denver Steve

Every creedmoor I own, or have owned, absolutely loves the 140 grain hornady bthp and H4350 combination.

tomt

Thanks everybody, parts are starting to show up.

tomt

Grant, very nice build...I hope mine turns out to be a shooter

Steve, I have a couple pounds of H4350 and an eight pound jug of Reloder 16 and Reloder 26

tomt

Aero Precision M5 lower
Aero Precision M5 lower parts kit
Aero Precision enhanced carbine buffer
Geissle SSA-E trigger
Magpul CTR butt stock with Limbsaver recoil pad
Magpul grip
and a whole lot of youtube video watching.

tomt

The Midwest Industries reaction rod is on its way.

tomt

I received the reaction rod today. The upper build will start tomorrow.