Main Menu

2024 Sunrise City Shootout WPR

Started by DHuffman, April 27, 2024, 10:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHuffman

Dave

jvw2008

Woohoo! Good job Wyatt 👍
Dave it looks like you two got to shoot together - I'm happy for both of you.

DHuffman

Quote from: jvw2008 on April 27, 2024, 10:31:27 PMWoohoo! Good job Wyatt 👍
Dave it looks like you two got to shoot together - I'm happy for both of you.

Same squad and Clayton with the Foundation/Atlas Wyatt barreled was in our squad too so we did have a great time.

Dave

DHuffman

Here's a not great video but the three of us shot a mover for the first time yesterday. It wasn't anywhere near as difficult as I imagined it to be.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/940389064

Think it was 560 yards, you had to hit a confirmation target before you could engage the mover and you had to engage the mover both directions.

There was a pretty steady 10 mph wind from the left for our squad but we were on it early in the day. I bet it was harder later as the wind was building then letting off.

I was dialed for the wind then leading about 4 moa for the mover.
Dave

gman47564

Cool.. could you use a tri pod to shoot that
Grant

DHuffman

Quote from: gman47564 on April 28, 2024, 07:54:02 AMCool.. could you use a tri pod to shoot that

It was off a a pair of spools. A big spool to hit the confirmation target then switch to a small spool for the mover. The small spool had some wobble to it. We used bipod & rear bags.

Wyatt, Clayton and I got 9,8 & 6 hits respectively on this stage.
Dave

DHuffman

With 2 WPR matches each Wyatt made A class and I made C class, missed B by .01% wtf LOL

Clayton has 1 match and has points in U class, U stands for unknown/unclassified so after Williston in 2 weeks he will get classed in  B or C

They put you into A B  or C after 2 matches based on your points.
Dave

DHuffman

WPR link

https://www.westernprecisionrifle.org/

Lots of shooting opportunities in the NW United States of America 🇺🇸

Very accommodating to new/inexperienced shooters in my experience. Anybody with an interest should not be afraid to take what you have and go shoot!!!!
Dave

TZaun

Quote from: DHuffman on April 28, 2024, 08:43:53 AMWith 2 WPR matches each Wyatt made A class and I made C class, missed B by .01% wtf LOL

Clayton has 1 match and has points in U class, U stands for unknown/unclassified so after Williston in 2 weeks he will get classed in  B or C

Sounds like you sandbagged the perfect amount Dave  :D

DHuffman

Quote from: TZaun on April 28, 2024, 07:34:02 PMSounds like you sandbagged the perfect amount Dave  :D
LOL I wish, I was giving her all I had
Dave

MJeff23

Quote from: DHuffman on April 28, 2024, 08:43:53 AMWith 2 WPR matches each Wyatt made A class and I made C class, missed B by .01% wtf LOL

Interesting classifications, don't have those in the south.
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

DHuffman

Quote from: MJeff23 on April 29, 2024, 07:27:22 AMInteresting classifications, don't have those in the south.

It's WPR  (Western Precision Rifle PRS style shooting) not The PRS
Dave