News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Hunts Lug for TL3 to Origin barrel swap

Started by Rob01, April 14, 2024, 03:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob01

Well I updated my thread on Snipers Hide about the Hunts Long Range lug that allows you to use Zermatt/Bighorn TL3 shouldered prefits on an Origin action and figured I would pass the info here in case anyone was interested or possibly didn't know about it. Here's a link to their site. $35 well spent if you also have a TL3.

https://huntslongrange.com/product/hlr-origin-0-150-thick-recoil-lug/?v=7516fd43adaa

Here is my post from the other thread:

Well figured I would update after getting to the range with the rifle. The HLR lug worked great! From factory ammo the shoulder only grew .002" so very minimal. My older prepped brass shoulder was .004" longer than factory so .002" over but still worked although a little more snug on the bolt drop as you would imagine. All in all very happy with the HLR lug.

I will mention some info if someone is searching for HLR info or TL3 barrels on Origins and finds this post. I had done a quick search before posting and found one post and someone mentioned the engraving on a TL3 barrel is off when on the Origin and it was said that the TL3 threading starts at the 12 o'clock position and the Origin starts at the 6 o'clock so when screwing on a TL3 barrel don't use the location of the engraving as a reference point. Mine is off. The PVA engraving that is usually at the 3 o'clock position is now near 9 o'clock. Just wanted people to know this.

DHuffman

Between Wyatt and I we have 3 TL3s and 3 Origins so thanks for posting this.
Dave

Rob01

Quote from: DHuffman on April 16, 2024, 08:30:50 AMBetween Wyatt and I we have 3 TL3s and 3 Origins so thanks for posting this.

No problem. I have known about then but no personal experience as I had TL3s so never needed it but wanting a cheaper action I went with the Origin and figured I would try it out. I am glad it worked out as well as it did.