News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Solar eclipse

Started by gman47564, April 08, 2024, 02:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

Here in southern indiana were experiencing something pretty cool.. a total solar eclipse.. supposed to last a little over 4 minutes.. the moon started getting in front of the sun about a hour ago.. it's still probably 20 minutes away from totality.. the state of Indiana has pretty much shut down for this.. lol.. their expecting people from all over the world to flock here to witness this.. lol.. if I remember correctly this will be the third time seeing a total solar eclipse..not really a big deal to me but pretty cool none the less.. we got glasses and a good dark welding helmet for me to look at it..
Grant

gman47564

Grant

gman47564

3:00 in the afternoon.. dark outside..

Grant

LeadHammer

Pretty cool. We only had a partial up here of course, but the clouds moved in before the event happened anyway.

autoxforfun

Out on the West Coast we had about 40% coverage.   I did put my welding helmet on and took a look.  Could definitely see the moon covering the lower portion of the sun.

Pretty crazy how state's have declared emergency status because of this 4 minute event. 
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

DHuffman

Nice pictures Grant, I missed it here but it wasn't anywhere near total. Partly cloudy as well.
Dave