News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

New build in the works

Started by gman47564, March 21, 2024, 07:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

Been a challenge doing any load development on this gun this weekend due to strong winds.. I did get about 60 rounds down the barrel and got a couple auddette ladders in. One yesterday with new brass  and one this evening with once fired brass.. was having some erratic velocities yesterday with the new brass.. so today I used once fired brass and made a primer change from cci 200's to cci br2's.. and one of them two things solved my velocity issue.. both ladders showed good nodes in the low 3000's.. I will start testing for groups soon as I get a chance but I'm pretty confident the berger 184 hybrids are going to be happy about 3015 fps.. I have to say the rifle is bad ass.. lol.. it's got some ponies under the hood..  :D
Grant

sportacus

Grant,
My stick is a custom from Alamo Precision. Defiance Anti, 24" Proof and a Trigger Tech. Strictly a deer rifle. Won't take the shot past 400. Need my victim dead where he stands. Applaud you long range shooters. I am too cheap to burn up components/barrels. ;D
Wayne
If you have the shot, take it.

gman47564

Added another little piece to the 7 prc project.. instead of putting a bubble level on it to know the rifle is level when shooting it I went with the mdt send it level.. pretty cool little gadget.. havnt got to use it yet but I'm liking it already..

Grant

gman47564

Worked on a load for this thing quiet a bit today with h1000.. had good speed with it but the precision just wasn't there for me.. the gun didn't react to changes with it like it should and I finally abandoned ship.. switched to rl26 and the gun immediately started acting like it should.. didn't take long and I had my groups down to a inch at 300 yards and I think I'm one more seating change to get it where I want it.. I'm a full grain below max charge in hornadys book and averaging 3015 fps.. that 4 groove 28 inch pipe is walking the dog boys!!
Grant

Denver Steve

Did you ever test out the retumbo in it like you said you where going to try?

I have heard reloder 23 is a great powder for the 7prc as well. Less throat wear than reloder 26 and temp stable.

gman47564

Quote from: Denver Steve on May 04, 2024, 12:19:58 AMDid you ever test out the retumbo in it like you said you where going to try?

I have heard reloder 23 is a great powder for the 7prc as well. Less throat wear than reloder 26 and temp stable.

Denver I did shoot just a handfull of rounds with retumbo.. the speed was a little low with it with pretty much a case full of powder.. I could have got a little more powder in it but the 1000 was giving me good speed and I didn't pursue the retumbo any farther
Grant

gman47564

Think I got a load for my prc this afternoon that suits me.. I loaded a small ladder with rl23 and 180 bergersplus I loaded 4 rounds in the middle of my ladder to put a little heat in the barrel.. as luck would have it the 4 rounds I loaded to heat the barrel was right in the node.. I shot them at 450 yards same as I shot my ladder and as I was shooting them they just kept stacking on top of each other.. I thought about not even shooting the ladder but I did any way.. after shooting the ladder it showed my node at 64.8 and 65.1 gr. My four rounds to heat the barrel was loaded at 64.8.. :D
Here's the 4 I shot on steel to heat the barrel.. 3 of them are on top of each other and one out maybe 3/4 of a inch.. these chronoed at 3018fps average.

Grant