News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

New build in the works

Started by gman47564, March 21, 2024, 07:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHuffman

Quote from: gman47564 on March 31, 2024, 10:32:21 AMBob the 7prcw is a 6.5prc case necked up to 7mm
Quote from: autoxforfun on March 31, 2024, 10:56:17 AMOh....I misundersttod.  So the 7PRC is longer but the 7PRCW is just a necked up 6.5 PRC and therefore uses the shorter case......I think I get it now.  DIdn't realize the difference between the 7 PRC and the 7 PRCW

I think Alex's is called a 7-6.5prc as well and F Class products has a 7-6.5 version as well, seems like there's another floating around also.
Dave

gman47564

Another piece of the puzzle came today.. my woox exactus stock.. gotta say I'm impressed with its looks.. got bottom metal the other day from accurate mag and wasn't sure how it would fit but the fit was perfect.. happy as heck about that.. now I just need that truck axle to screw into the action :D

Grant

DHuffman

Quote from: gman47564 on April 12, 2024, 01:23:59 PMAnother piece of the puzzle came today.. my woox exactus stock.. gotta say I'm impressed with its looks.. got bottom metal the other day from accurate mag and wasn't sure how it would fit but the fit was perfect.. happy as heck about that.. now I just need that truck axle to screw into the action :D

You probably already have but if not make sure the bolt will pick up a piece of brass. My accurate mag bottom metal required a lot of work in that regard
Dave

gman47564

I have checked that already dave.. it picked it up fine but was pushing the round too flat.. I had to open the front of the feed lips on the magazine just a fuzz.. then it worked good.. that bottom metal has been a worry for me for the last couple weeks but them worries are gone now..
Grant

autoxforfun

Beautiful build Grant.  I am very impressed !!
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

Thanks bob... I think it's going to look pretty good I get that 28 inch bull barrel and fat bastard brake on it..
Grant

jvw2008

Looking forward to seeing all pieces together Grant. I kinda like that stock.

gman47564

My barrel is supposed to be here tommorow.  Thought I better mock my scope up to make sure the rings were going to work ok.. think they will.. the razor looks good setting up there in my eyes.. hopefully the build part of this project will be completed tomorrow night..

Grant

jvw2008

gman47564

And we have a complete rifle..

Grant

LeadHammer

sportacus

Grant,
Anxious to see your results with H1000. Made some 180 Hybrid loads with H4831sc last deer season with 210M. Know we can do better with H1000 now that we got our hands on some magnum primers.
Wayne
If you have the shot, take it.

gman47564

Quote from: sportacus on April 27, 2024, 08:43:44 AMGrant,
Anxious to see your results with H1000. Made some 180 Hybrid loads with H4831sc last deer season with 210M. Know we can do better with H1000 now that we got our hands on some magnum primers.
Wayne
wayne I had loaded 15 rounds for break in with h1000 and 184 hybrids.. middle of the load chart load.. my garmin was showing a average of 2927 fps.. gonna shoot a dozen or so more of that load and then do a ladder and see where I'm at.. I'm guessing I will end up in the 2970's. But that's just a guess at this point.. too windy here today to look for precision
Grant

sportacus

Grant,
The smith that built my rifle said run the 180's between 2850 and 2900 and the critters would "melt." That speed with accuracy is our goal.
Wayne
If you have the shot, take it.

gman47564

I have no doubt wayne.. h1000 is giving good speed in this 28 inch barrel.. we're just on different agendas.. your hunting critters and I'm wanting to break the 2000 yard mark..  :D I need all the horsepower I can find as long as it's precise..
Grant