News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

New build in the works

Started by gman47564, March 21, 2024, 07:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

I have decided to build another rifle.. this one will be chambered in 7mm prc.. ordered a savage 110 long action from James today along with a 28 inch shilen select match 4 groove bull barrel.. also a gen two fat bastard brake with 3/4 threads..
 I'm on the hunt for a mpa competition chassis to put this in but finding one for a long action savage is like finding hens teeth.. if I can't find one I will go with another orxy.. be a few weeks before I get the barrel so I got time to look..
I will use peterson brass and 184 berger hybrids in this cart.. forester dies.. been a minute since I've built one so kinda excited about it.. lol
Grant

autoxforfun

Quote from: gman47564 on March 21, 2024, 07:04:19 PMI have decided to build another rifle.. this one will be chambered in 7mm prc.. ordered a savage 110 long action from James today along with a 28 inch shilen select match 4 groove bull barrel.. also a gen two fat bastard brake with 3/4 threads..
 I'm on the hunt for a mpa competition chassis to put this in but finding one for a long action savage is like finding hens teeth.. if I can't find one I will go with another orxy.. be a few weeks before I get the barrel so I got time to look..
I will use peterson brass and 184 berger hybrids in this cart.. forester dies.. been a minute since I've built one so kinda excited about it.. lol
The 7 PRC should be a really good build.  Perfect for your next Mile competition.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

LeadHammer

It will be interesting to follow the progress on this one.

gman47564

Got my chassis dilemma resolved.. I ordered a woox exactus chassis for this build.. been wanting to try one for awhile now..
Grant

gman47564

Grant

jvw2008

gman47564

Grant

autoxforfun

I love the look of their chassis.  I've thought several times about ordering one but always had other priorities.  Looking forward to hearing your report once you get it put together.  
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

My only concern with it is I'm not sure yet whether it will accept aics magazines as is or if I will have to get some kind of bottom metal.. the first ones they started making used a bottom metal but if I'm understanding it correctly they have changed that.. I have a email sent asking..
Grant

LeadHammer

I always liked the looks of the Woox, except for the rear pic rail. It must be removable or has a cover or bag rider option.

gman47564

Pretty sure it's just attached to a m-loc thing there.. and they do make covers for it also
Grant

sportacus

Grant,
Don't overlook the Berger 180 Hybrids.  With both H4831sc and H1000 they are zoomers.
Wayne
If you have the shot, take it.

gman47564

Thanks Wayne.. I got some retumbo and h1000 that I don't use in anything.. was going to try the retumbo first then h1000 if retumbo doesn't work out
Grant

gman47564

Another piece to the puzzle is inbound.. I got a gen 3 vortex razor 6x36x56 coming for this new build.. this one is a euro optics exclusive model which is black instead of the dark earth color.. same scopes .. I guess euro was getting alot of request for this scope in black and they reached out to vortex and convinced them to do some in black..
Grant

DHuffman

Quote from: gman47564 on March 23, 2024, 08:35:32 AMAnother piece to the puzzle is inbound.. I got a gen 3 vortex razor 6x36x56 coming for this new build.. this one is a euro optics exclusive model which is black instead of the dark earth color.. same scopes .. I guess euro was getting alot of request for this scope in black and they reached out to vortex and convinced them to do some in black..

If they'd put the GE ecr1 reticle in it I'd buy one LOL
Dave