News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

2024 Berger SWN

Started by DHuffman, February 15, 2024, 06:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autoxforfun

Quote from: DHuffman on February 22, 2024, 09:45:02 PMI believe you and Bob @autoxforfun share an affinity to wildcatting the wssm cartridge if I'm remembering both your parent case brass correctly.
Bob's is a 6mm
Hi Todd, welcome to the 6.5 CM forum.  Some really good and very talented folks can be found hanging out here.

Yes, I've been playing with a WSSM variant in both 6mm and 6.5mm.  I have the 6 shooting pretty well...enough to win the overall top spot on our last 1000 yard match.  The 6.5 is still a work in process.  Some of the details are here:

https://www.65creedmoor.com/index.php/topic,13136.0.html
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

Welcome to the forum todd.. glad you could join us..
Grant

TZaun

Quote from: autoxforfun on February 23, 2024, 06:11:19 PMHi Todd, welcome to the 6.5 CM forum.  Some really good and very talented folks can be found hanging out here.

Yes, I've been playing with a WSSM variant in both 6mm and 6.5mm.  I have the 6 shooting pretty well...enough to win the overall top spot on our last 1000 yard match.  The 6.5 is still a work in process.  Some of the details are here:

https://www.65creedmoor.com/index.php/topic,13136.0.html

So there's two of us out there  :D . You've put in a lot of work, fun to have it pay off. My project has been a 25 WSSM Imp. shooting the 135 Hybrid. H4350 was the first powder I tried and it shot so well I didn't try anything else. I thought it would be a barrel burner but after shooting it at SWN it now has a hair under 1400 rounds on it and seems to be still shooting well.

autoxforfun

Quote from: TZaun on February 23, 2024, 08:41:46 PMSo there's two of us out there  :D . You've put in a lot of work, fun to have it pay off. My project has been a 25 WSSM Imp. shooting the 135 Hybrid. H4350 was the first powder I tried and it shot so well I didn't try anything else. I thought it would be a barrel burner but after shooting it at SWN it now has a hair under 1400 rounds on it and seems to be still shooting well.
Nice.  I'm working on a 25CM....getting closer.

I've had good success with N560.  A bit slower than H4350 but has worked well with the 115g DTAC's in the magnum case.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough