News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Did you reload any thing today..

Started by gman47564, February 10, 2024, 05:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

Loaded 50 6.5x284 cases this morning with the 144 hybrids.. hope to shoot some of them at distance this coming week..

Also loaded 30 25 creedmoor cases with the 135 hybrids.. both cartridges shot well a couple weeks ago in the bottoms.. that steel match is getting close .. leaning towards the 6.5x284 to compete in it this year..

Grant

autoxforfun

The 144g Hybrids are a great bullet.....I think it would be a great choice for this year's competition !!
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

Bob I was comparing the bc of the 144 to the 135 in 25 caliber.. the 144 has a bc g7 of 336 and the 135 has a g7 bc of 334.. pretty close.. I'm pushing the 144 about a 100 fps faster so it should have a bit of a advantage over the 135.. however the 25 creed is shooting just a smidge better than the 6.5x284.. so it's a toss up between the two.. but I'm still favoring the 6.5x284.. it's done well there before..
Grant

LeadHammer

Grant, just curious what the speed is in the 25 CM.

gman47564

I'm running the 135's at 2880
Grant

autoxforfun

Must be that kinda day.   Here are 100 Dashers loaded with 108 Hottensteins and RL-15.5 in Alpha brass.  This will be my default cartridge for the up coming 600 yard match.

Bob

autoxforfun

Quote from: Rob01 on February 16, 2024, 03:54:11 PMYup finished getting my 153 ATips loaded for the Coleman's Creek PRS regional match on 3/2.

Rob, what seating depth did you find works well with the A-Tips?  
Bob

Rob01

Quote from: autoxforfun on February 17, 2024, 05:02:40 PMRob, what seating depth did you find works well with the A-Tips? 

They are loaded about .050" off the lands so they will feed reliably through my mag. Loaded at 2.860" base to tip. They seem to be like the ELDs in that jump doesn't bother them.

DHuffman

Quote from: Rob01 on February 17, 2024, 05:24:43 PMThey are loaded about .050" off the lands so they will feed reliably through my mag. Loaded at 2.860" base to tip. They seem to be like the ELDs in that jump doesn't bother them.
That stock sold quick enough. I thought about it too long LOL
Dave

autoxforfun

Quote from: Rob01 on February 17, 2024, 05:24:43 PMThey are loaded about .050" off the lands so they will feed reliably through my mag. Loaded at 2.860" base to tip. They seem to be like the ELDs in that jump doesn't bother them.
Thanks Rob.  I had also heard that they shoot well jumped....I bought some 153g awhile ago and wanted to give them a try.  So will probably start about 0.020 out and go from there.

Good luck at the PRS regional match !
Bob

Rob01

Quote from: autoxforfun on February 17, 2024, 06:02:11 PMThanks Rob.  I had also heard that they shoot well jumped....I bought some 153g awhile ago and wanted to give them a try.  So will probably start about 0.020 out and go from there.

Good luck at the PRS regional match !

Thanks. I have a couple magazines that don't have the binder plate and can load longer but I wanted to keep this load being able to fit in them all.

Rob01

Quote from: DHuffman on February 17, 2024, 05:54:14 PMThat stock sold quick enough. I thought about it too long LOL

LOL Yup those Manners go quick. It was a nice one too. Just didn't have any use for it.

gman47564

I had to pull down a bunch of 6.5 creedmoor rounds yesterday.. the other day I shot the gun some and it shot like crap.. a couple days later I shot it some more and it shot surprisingly well.. the new garmin told me why this was happening.. I was in that finicky half ass chris node of 2770 fps.. 😁.. my gun shoots its best at 2820fps.. so I pulled the rounds down and started over.. I did a auddette ladder at 450 yards .. had a pretty bad wind hitting me in the back that kinda skewed the results but with the garmin the velocity flat spot was there.. so I loaded some powder charges in the range I wanted to be in and shot for groups.. but with a 15 mph wind hitting me in the back didn't really show me what I wanted to see..
 This morning their wasn't much wind so I picked the charge I thought I needed and and it shot about half moa at 300.. I knew I was still a little fast on speed (2830) and needed to be about 2815 to 2820 so I seated 3 of them .006 shorter to slow them down a little and they shot this 1/4 moa group.. the top group was my original seating depth and the bottom group was after seating .006 deeper.. after this I loaded 5 more and cleaned my kyl rack at 450 including the 11/4 inch plate..
After that I went ahead and loaded all my rounds back up. Glad to have the 6.5 creedmoor back where it needs to be..

Grant

DHuffman

I'm sorting primers tonight, got through 600 and my legs needed a break.

Dave

DHuffman

Dave