News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

Bit the bullet..

Started by gman47564, January 25, 2024, 04:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

Well I broke down and upgraded my chrono this week.. euro optics had the garmin chrono listed saying they woul pay the tax on it and free shipping so I ordered one.. saved a little.. still a pricey little bugger.. lol.. ups guy dropped it off a little bit ago.. neat little unit.. was hoping to try it out this afternoon but we have dense fog here today.. visibility about 30 yards.. lol.. maybe tomorrow I can.. I got a ladder loaded for my 6.5x284 with 144 burger hybrids I'm wanting to shoot.. now I can get velocity data without the effects of the magneto speed..

Grant

LeadHammer

It's gonna be great I'm sure.
I was going to upgrade mine by taping the Sun shield since it has a crack lol
I see Caldwell has one coming out now too but it's larger than the Garmin, and I have no idea of the features it will have.

autoxforfun

I broke down and got one a few weeks ago.....nice unit!!!
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

DHuffman

Labrador comes out with a new Garmin sized unit as well.
Dave

DHuffman

Dave

VA-XBolt

Will be looking forward to your comparison/review on the new Garmin. I'm still holding out, as I haven't used my Labrador much recently anyway. (Original Big Orange version)

MJeff23

Quote from: HufD63 on January 25, 2024, 10:52:34 PMLabrador comes out with a new Garmin sized unit as well.
I saw that.  A little bigger than the Garmin and has a sight on top....makes me wonder if it will be as direction sensitive as the original.

I really like my Garmin.
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

DHuffman

Quote from: MJeff23 on January 26, 2024, 08:00:04 AMI saw that.  A little bigger than the Garmin and has a sight on top....makes me wonder if it will be as direction sensitive as the original.

I really like my Garmin.

First thing I thought with the sight tube as well.
I'm very happy with my Garmin it's better in the cold than my full size LR was as well, smaller footprint, set it down and shoot!
Dave

Denver Steve

I picked one up awhile ago. Can't believe how easy and efficient it is to use. I absolutely love it.

Not sensitive at all with the aiming or positioning. Works seamlessly with the app as well.

You are really going to like it.

gman47564

I used it quiet a bit today doing some testing with my 6.5x284.. it worked as advertised.. easy to use.. recorded every shot.. great addition to my gear I believe.. glad I bit the bullet..  :D
Grant