News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Shot Show 2024

Started by sportacus, January 24, 2024, 04:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportacus

Hopefully, something will jump up and grab me.  Browning X Bolt 2 looks interesting. Modular stock, improved bolt and trigger. NADA for lefties. Boo! Lots of brothers out here that are right handed but left eye dominant.

Mentioned the Ruger American Gen II's a few weeks back.  A 6.5 PRC in Miss Dianna's future because she loves the Accutrigger/bladed style.

Leupold has some new stuff, but trying to figure out the specs on their website just pisses me off.

Y'all have a wonderful evening.
If you have the shot, take it.

sportacus

Lots of chassis rifles at the show.  I get it.  Lots of folk want a platform to bang steel and hunt. Y'all know my mantra. "Just a hunter." Partial to the hunting set-ups. Keep coming back to the Bergara Wilderness Sierra left hand.

Mentioned the Browning A5 20 ga a few days ago.  They did it.  A "Shot Show" special.  Give me a break.  They will sell every one they can build till I am long dead and gone.

sportacus

Ammo.  Remington CuT. Too cute by half.  Proud of my superior Southern education and remembrances of the periodic table.  Kinda took it as a insult.  Yes, there are a still a few of us knuckle dragging, hillbilly MFr"s that know Cu be copper. Intrigued but might not try it because I have been insulted, and demand satisfaction.  ;D

LeadHammer

CZ has an MDT chassis option for the 600 Deep bronze, and the 600 Grey, looks interesting, no idea how smooth the bolt is though.

LeadHammer

MDT has an echo target sensor indicator now,  good for up to 2 miles, syncs up to 8 targets, has a base station. Probably expensive.

MJeff23

Quote from: sportacus on January 24, 2024, 04:42:12 PMLots of brothers out here that are right handed but left eye dominant.

indeed....I feel the pain
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

LeadHammer

My eyes are pretty close, so especially with handgun, I just squint the left eye a tad and it works.

sportacus

Quote from: LeadHammer on January 25, 2024, 12:32:20 PMMy eyes are pretty close, so especially with handgun, I just squint the left eye a tad and it works.

"I don't care who you are.  That is funny." Larry the Cable Guy.