Freedom West Coast Nationals -- Press Release

Started by autoxforfun, January 22, 2024, 10:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autoxforfun

Big and Exciting change for our club !!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press Release

Freedom Benchrest is proud to announce the 2024 West Coast Long Range Nationals will be held April 22-28, 2024, at The beautiful Sacramento Valley Shooting Center By The Sloughhouse Long Range Benchrest Shooters.
Times and Dates as we have them.
Monday April 22nd registration and 600 yard practice 8am to 3pm
Tuesday & Wednesday April 23 & 24 600-yard Nationals
Thursday April 25 2024 registration and practice 1000 yards
Friday & Saturday April 26 & 27 2024 1000-yard Nationals
For More Information :
Louie Tamagni
Sloughhouse Long Range Shooters
Match Director
(707)350-6782
It has been a really nice to have been working with everyone at Sloughhouse to get this done in a very short amount of time. This announcement comes as we are continuing to grow the sport of Long Range Benchrest with the addition of Sloughhouse we have a organization that has ranges from coast to coast in the Long Range Benchrest venue . We Continue to Grow everyday with Sponsorships and members.
We would also Like to Announce Pacific Tool and Gauge as one of or Title Sponsors Dave and his crew have been a big part in supporting Freedom and helping us grow across the USA .
On Behalf of Freedom Benchrest we want to THANK Each and every person that has made the organization grow leaps and bounds in a short amount of time.
We will be announcing more clubs and sponsors over the next few weeks .
Our web Page will be going through updates over the next couple of weeks so check us out often @ freedombenchrest.com as well as follow us on Face Book @ Freedom Benchrest.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

DHuffman

Well done to all involved!

This match has been "on my list" for a few years but that time of year is usually a deal breaker for me. We'll see when it gets closer.

Curious if you guys are still running NBRSA round counts (600 yd HG 10 shots?) or if you went to 5 shots.
5 LG 10 HG at a thou?

Dave

autoxforfun

We're working out the details on the course of fire.  For our local Freedom matches we're going with 4xLG and 4xHG for 600 yards with 5 shots each for record.  For 1000  yards, Freedom only shoot 2 record targets per LG/HG.  5 shots for LG and 10 shots for HG.  We were going to stay with the NBRSA and shoot 3 and 3 but only submit the first two to Freedom for their scoring.

For a Nationals, I think things are a bit different.  Once we get the this figured out, it will get posted.  And by the way, this is going to be eTargets.
Bob

jvw2008

Great work Bob. You and Louie are leading the pack! 👍

autoxforfun

Here is the latest details on the West Coast Nationals

Bob

autoxforfun

Got word today that some of the Freedom Benchrest Board are planning to come out to the west coast to attend the Nationals.  They don't plan to shoot but to come out and meet the membership.  This is good news.  From my interactions with the board, I think this will go over very well.  It will be great to meet these folks in person !!
Bob

jvw2008

I've met and worked with them all. They are good folks in my opinion. Easy to talk to, respectful, and true to their word. They have an absolute passion to keep long range bench rest alive and starting to grow again.  The forming members have broken the mold/tradition in benchrest sanctioned matches by allowing the use of electronic targets. Because these targets are not as precise recording shot placement as paper, this step has created some controversy within the LR benchrest world. Hopefully the eTarget technology will improve quickly.

Bob I think you are using a combination of paper on e-targets.  Is that correct?  Louie is very fortunate to have you as his co-worker. You guys will do a great job with this match.

autoxforfun

Quote from: jvw2008 on February 17, 2024, 10:02:33 AMBob I think you are using a combination of paper on e-targets.  Is that correct?  
This Nationals is going to be 100% eTarget.  We will have 12 ShotMarker targets setup so we can put 24 competitors on the line at a time (we have 24 benches total).  They will alternate 12 shooting and 12 scoring.  We think we may be closer to 50 entrants so we will need to rotate the relays between LG and HG.  We are also working on the target stands to increase their rigidity.  We have two matches prior to the Nationals to work this out as well as a lot of practice days.
Bob

DHuffman

Freedom BR has succeeded in putting the largest number of ranges and LR shooters into one organization and for that I commend them. The more of us shooting in the same organization the better.

I wish you guys nothing but the best Bob and I'm glad you guys came into the Freedom group.

I truly wish I could be there and I really wish I would have made it out there a few years ago and experienced it as it was then.

Good luck Bob, I'll be watching the results as usual.

Edited not to derail the thread LOL
Dave

DHuffman

If anyone would like to get into a debate on e-targets vs paper I'd ask you to start your own thread for that purpose. Let's not derail this thread

People have put a massive amount of effort into this match to make it better year after year, let's respect that please.
Dave

autoxforfun

We started the Freedom West Coast Nationals yesterday with a practice day and then today with the first day of competition at 600 yards.  A front is moving into CA, so we had some cloud cover and the associated stiff breezes.   We had 10 eTargets up and everything went perfectly.  With 19 entrants, we could set everyone on a bench and then alternated between pairs assigned to each target.  

Here are the results.  You will notice that I am not among them.  Louie (our match director) and I decided that trying to run the match, help people with the eTargets and also shoot was a receipt for disaster.  So we both decided to focus on making our first Freedom Nationals a success.

Bob

DHuffman

Dave

jvw2008

Thanks Bob. Some very nice groups there. 👍
It's tough to give up your opportunity to shoot and compete so you can focus on the MD  responsibilities. My hat is off to you and Louie. 👍

autoxforfun

Combined results for the two days.  Jeff Locke did a great job of coming from behind to take the overall win.  Rick Shields, who was in the lead after the first day struggled with a very difficult wind condition.  Had the opportunity for several great groups but a wind change caught him.  I think Jeff's ability to run the shots quickly coupled with his wind experience really make the difference.

Bob

jvw2008

I was quite surprised Jeff wasn't leading the pack on the first day but not surprised he came back. He is an excellent shooter with lots of experience.