News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Remington model 33

Started by gman47564, January 12, 2024, 04:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

This old rifle has been in my family since it was new.. Remington only made them for 3 years.. from 1932 to 1935.. my grand dad passed it down to my uncle.. I took it away from him as he kept it out in a old cattle barn.. it was in pretty bad shape with rust and some pitting of the steel.. he said it was fine.. that it still would drive tacks.. I told him I was taking it home and cleaning it up and wasn't bringing it back.. and didn't.. lol he was good with that and said he was going to give it to me any way one day..
  I cleaned it up the best I could and cleaned the bore good and bolt.. the old rifle still just ha.mers with anything you feed it.. I will pass it down to my boy one day when it's time..

Couple pic's of the old rifle..

Grant

gman47564

Another old rifle I cherish.. it's a browning.. it was my best friends rifle who passed away way too soon.. 30 years ago.. his family wanted me to have this rifle.. and I assured them it would be in my possession untill I joined my friend.. and just might take it with me..  :D

It's not a Belgium browning.. gave them to my boy already.. this one was made in japan.. still a very nice old rifle..

Grant

DHuffman

Thanks for moving it and adding to the sub forum Grant.

I think this will be a nice addition to the forum.
Dave