News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Bergara Releases

Started by sportacus, January 11, 2024, 04:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportacus

Will be out in Q2. Sierra and Stoke.
Sierra will have lefty variants. Stoke will have short LOP for ladies and kids. Someone is paying attention .
If you have the shot, take it.

Denver Steve

Love everything about Bergara rifles except their weight... hopefully one made for smaller framed individuals is a really light rifle.

sportacus

Website shows 6# for the Stoke model.

LeadHammer

How is the bolt lift on the Bergara's?

Denver Steve

Quote from: sportacus on January 12, 2024, 01:03:08 PMWebsite shows 6# for the Stoke model.

The website for some reason wasn't showing the new models for me before. Now it is.

The Stoke looks like a sweet rifle. And only 12.25" length of pull. Very short. Would work for my old lady and son, well maybe not next season, he is growing quickly.

Hopefully they are available in Canada relatively easy. If they all had the available special purpose short barrel, it would be awesome. And an adjustable cheek piece. It would be perfect.

DHuffman

Quote from: LeadHammer on January 12, 2024, 04:40:08 PMHow is the bolt lift on the Bergara's?

Wyatt had one in a 6.5 prc, I remember it feeling like a high quality smooth action.
Dave

sportacus

Leadhammer,
I have never owned one. My friend Jim's son Kodi has two. Loves them.

LeadHammer

That's good that they are smooth,  it's nice that they are making a variety of rifles. I know my Bergara muzzle loader barrels bore is very nice. Rem 700 footprint too.

DHuffman

Quote from: LeadHammer on January 13, 2024, 12:02:26 PMThat's good that they are smooth,  it's nice that they are making a variety of rifles. I know my Bergara muzzle loader barrels bore is very nice. Rem 700 footprint too.

Yes on the remmy footprint! Opens up tons of aftermarket stocks,triggers etc.
Dave

sportacus

I will hang tight till Shot Show to see if Browning pulls a rabbit out of the hat. If they make X Bolt Speed left hand, short barrel in 7-08, 6.5 PRC or 7 PRC, I'm a goner. More companies starting to give us right handed, left eye dominant shooters some love.

Denver Steve

Quote from: sportacus on January 13, 2024, 03:12:38 PMI will hang tight till Shot Show to see if Browning pulls a rabbit out of the hat. If they make X Bolt Speed left hand, short barrel in 7-08, 6.5 PRC or 7 PRC, I'm a goner. More companies starting to give us right handed, left eye dominant shooters some love.

Just shoot right handed, mount your scope on extra high rings, and looks through the scope with your left eye instead of your right...it's super weird...but it does work.