News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Barrel threading

Started by DHuffman, December 29, 2023, 03:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autoxforfun

As I shoot bigger calibers in Benchrest,  I am becoming a fan of Harrell's brakes.  They are neighbor friendly and help just enough with the recoil. 
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

DHuffman

Quote from: autoxforfun on January 28, 2024, 06:02:04 PMAs I shoot bigger calibers in Benchrest,  I am becoming a fan of Harrell's brakes.  They are neighbor friendly and help just enough with the recoil.

I'm running them on both LG 6 BRAs this season just to minimize the guns movement in the bags.
If your bag ears are snug towards the end of the sighter period but loose after 5 record shots you are probably not shooting as small as you could be I think.
Dave

DHuffman

Put the Harrels Radial brake on the Borden today.

Made a few changes I think will make it mo' betta!

Dave

DHuffman

Barrel threaded 3/4" x 24 tpi

Dave

DHuffman

Dave

jvw2008

Quote from: autoxforfun on January 28, 2024, 06:02:04 PMAs I shoot bigger calibers in Benchrest,  I am becoming a fan of Harrell's brakes.  They are neighbor friendly and help just enough with the recoil.

I ran one on my 284 Shehane. They work well for BR but I found it to be a stinker to clean even with an ultrasonic bath.

LeadHammer

Looking at Wyatt's brake, I bet it would be pretty easy to clean as well.

WHuff

Quote from: LeadHammer on February 04, 2024, 04:34:53 PMLooking at Wyatt's brake, I bet it would be pretty easy to clean as well.

I would think so as well. With the design I don't think a person will even have to take the brake off to clean the crown. But if a person wants to, not a big deal with the set screw timing nut.

If all goes right, I plan on making a couple more this weekend with some slight modifications. Nothing that will change the overall design/idea of the brake. Just some things that were overlooked in the first rough draft.

After that is done I will be getting onto chambering a 6BR for it. The brake should get put through the gauntlet as I plan on running this build at a lot of matches this year. I expect the brake to see 3000-3500 rounds this year. So if things need to get ironed out with it, I expect them to present themselves.

Wyatt

MJeff23

@WHuff be sure to post a few pics of the brake when finished
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

DHuffman

Wyatt chambering his 6 BR for his new gun.

Mom is supervising LOL

Dave