News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Howa Super lite 6.5 Creedmoor

Started by Billo, September 11, 2023, 10:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billo

Been reading the 6.5 CM stuff over the years and I actually had zero interest in the cartridge till Howa dropped a light weight bombshell on the affordable bolt action market. I've owned 4 Swede's before, a 260 Rem and 2 Grendel's so it took a lot to get me off the couch.

Anyway Ive been shooting a Super lite in 308W for the last 5 months and I cant fault the rifle and its my favorite stalking rifle of all time, so when a cheap unfired 6.5CM popped 2 weeks ago I grabbed.

Only had the 2 reloading and range sessions so far, ran the gun in with some 130gr Bergers I had left over, showing some potential but I ran out of pills.  A buddy had given me some discontinued 95gr Leigh highs def earlier this year so I just load up 6 to see if the gun liked em....

Meopta + Talleys + Super light 5.7lbs

3 shot group at 55yds

DHuffman

Dave

Billo

Thanks Dave, got a bit of reading to do and will be using this rifle for the next few months chasing hogs.  Should be fun comparing it to a 308.

Plan is to mount a thermal on it next year and use it for some night time fun.

jvw2008

Welcome Bill!
Keep us up to date with the hog stalking. I've hunted a few down in Florida years ago with spotlights only. I think the night optics would be a kick in the butt.

PAHunter

Nice Rifle. What MEOPTA model is that? How do you like the scope?

LeadHammer

Welcome!!!  Sounds like a fun plan you have for that rifle.

Billo

Quote from: PAHunter on September 14, 2023, 06:13:20 PMNice Rifle. What MEOPTA model is that? How do you like the scope?

Hey PAhunter just a Meopro 3.5-10x44 Plex reticle, I sold it to a buddy 5 years ago who used 3 nights a week to cull 10,000 plus Kangaroo's.  He gave it back to me recently to check that is was still holding zero and tracking OK.  I couldn't find fault and bought it back off him for $100.  It just happens to fit the Talley low rings perfectly and the glass is perfect for hogs and deer out to 300.

Bullet Jockey

LeadHammer