News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Any idea!!!

Started by gman47564, August 15, 2023, 06:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

A guy at work today said his father inlaw passed away awhile back and they was going through his things and he run across some old ammo the guy had.. asked if any one wanted it.. nobody did so I took it.. the box has some pretty cool old stuff.. some old 16 and 20 gauge shotgun shells. Couple boxes of 25 automatic . A box of 38 long colt. Some 222 rounds.. some boxes of 22 magnum rim fire. And a round I have never seen before.. hoping someone on here can tell me what they are.. the only markings on the case head is p c 43... any idea?

Grant

DHuffman

I'm not familiar with .30 carbine but seems similar.

PC maybe plant marking ? 43 year ?

Totally guessing here
Dave

DHuffman

Dave

gman47564

I think that's what it is dave.. with a little looking I found it was made at kings mills ordinance co. In ohio.. they made ammunition for Peter's cartridge Co. from 1941 to 1944..
Grant

DHuffman

Dave

jvw2008

I used to shoot a Ruger Blackhawk 9.5" barrel in 30 carbine. It was a fun thing to shoot but a PIA to carry around.

DHuffman

It was a lucky guess for me followed up with a quick Google, not sure I've ever seen one in real life.
Dave