News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

New rifle

Started by gman47564, August 14, 2023, 03:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeadHammer

I'm surprised the SK+ does not shoot. Have you tried the SK rifle match yet? ( red/black box )
Ahh I see it's a different lot number.

gman47564

The second lot number shot good also after the wind calmed down some..
Grant

LeadHammer

When my kid was in biathlon, I bought SK+ and SK rifle match, both shot the same for him with the lot number we tried. Went back to the store and bought a few bricks of each with matching lot numbers. I don't have anything to shoot them out of now besides a 10/22 and a Cooey single shot.

gman47564

With the edition of the orxy chassis to this rifle I had to make another rear bag rider. :D
This time I used the end of a broken half inch drive breaker bar.. I like it..

Grant

LeadHammer

That looks good. Are you going to smooth out the knurling?

gman47564

Done have leadhammer.. it's smooth as can be..you can see the knurling but you can't really feel it..
Grant

gman47564

Never in my life thought I would be sorting 22lr ammo but here I am.. lol

The sort on sk standard plus..

Grant

gman47564

Drawled blood today with my little cz while practing at a 100 yards.. big ole fat ground hawg came out in my shooting range about 65 or 70 yards away.. he was facing away from me so I popped him in the back of the head.. never moved after that..

Grant

autoxforfun

Quote from: gman47564 on September 12, 2023, 04:59:55 PMTinkering with the cz.. changing a few things on this cz to hopefully help me drive it better.. first up put it in a orxy chassis.. for me I like the orxy chassis and I can drive them.. next in the que is a jard 7 oz trigger.. I will do all I can do to this rifle to make it perform as well as any of the rimfire platforms.. including rebarreling it if that's what it takes..  :D

A pic of it in the chassis..

Nice build Grant.  I eventually put my CZ into a MDT chassis.  Felt much better to shoot.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

Went to another 22 rimfire match this morning.. had 12 shooters show up.. they set up for 2 matches this morning.. 50 yards.. 1st match was a cardboard box with a 40 targets on it.. I finished 2nd in it.
 The 2nd match was a kyl rack with 36 shots.. I tied for 3rd in it.. last one the separated factory class from custom.. this one they put us all together..

For shooting with the big boys my little cz held its own.. I beat some of them voodoo guys😁
Hears a pic of the cardboard box before and after I shot it. Missing that little white pearl up top cost me the win.

Grant

autoxforfun

Great shooting Grant....way to show the big dogs how a CZ will shoot.  22lr is fun and is very competitive.   The sorting you are doing looks to be paying off.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

Thanks bob.. pretty challenging match that was alot of fun.. I have no doubt weight sorting the sk plus makes a difference.. I see it on target here at home..
Grant

gman47564

Had a pretty nice afternoon today.. mid 60's 3 to 5 mph wind.. perfect day to stretch the cz out there.. I wanted to see if I could get on steel at 300 and 450.. I'm not sure you couldn't call that elr shooting.. lol.. 300 yards it took 48.75 minutes to get on a 66% idps plate.. after hitting it a few times I went for a 17% idps plate.. 5 inches wide and 7 inches tall.. I actually hit it 2 out of 5 trys.. a 3 mph cross wind at 300 yards takes 6.75 minutes of hold to hit.. lol
Feeling pretty good about hitting at 300 I went for a 20x20 plate at 450 yards.. pulled it up on my applied ballistic app and it called for 91 minutes so I started cranking on the turret.. I had 52 minutes of up in the turret and using the bottom of the reticle which is another 30 minutes.. 9 minutes shy of what the app said I needed.. sent one anyway... didn't see it.. sent another and seen it.. 2 or 3 feet short of the plate.. sent a couple more and again came up short.. lol.. guess I should have went with a 30 minute rail instead of the 15.. I may give it another try with the cci ar tactical ammo I have.. it's a 200 fps faster than the sk + I was using today.. 450 with a 22 rimfire is like shooting a 6.5 creed more at a mile..  :)
Grant

Mark611

Decent shooting Grant! for the conditions 8)

gman47564

My little cz is going through another transformation.. my lilja 26 inch barrel is about ready to ship and I'm upgrading the scope on it to a 5x25x50 gen 2 pst with the ebr7c retical.. I will be running with the big dogs after these upgrades.. lol
Grant