News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

The 4th of July

Started by jvw2008, July 04, 2023, 10:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvw2008

Happy Independence Day everyone! We are very fortunate to be able to fight for the freedoms God has bestowed upon us. The last decade seems to have been very difficult in this respect, but I believe it takes occasional turmoil to temper our resolve. Today is the day I look towards our constitution and feel blest our nation's forefathers had such phenomenal insight and perseverance.

jvw2008

Bullet Jockey

Happy Independence Day men!

gman47564

If you looked up the definition of small town usa you might find otwell indiana under the caption.. our little town has maybe 800 people living in it.. no stop lights anywhere to be seen. Just a quiet little town with a state highway running through it.. with very little traffic..
But on this day.. independence day it's a hopping little town thanks to a handful of men 60 some years ago.. these men started a chapter of the indiana ruratan.. after doing this every 4th of July they would put on a 4th of July celebration.. consisted of a parade in the morning.. bbq chicken and rib dinners for lunch and a afternoon of tractor pulls.. and to end the celebration a big fire works show.. this celebration  draws folks from several miles to take part in..
Every year I can remember I have went to this shindig and this year was no different.. I don't spend as much time there as I once did but still enjoy the spirit that these few men created.. their long gone now but the tradition lives on.. for me it was watching the parade this morning with my granddaughter helping her pick up candy that the people in the parade toss out to the kids.. then a trip to the bbq building for a rack of ribs and last but not least to the home made ice cream stand .. passed on the 1 scoop and 3 scoop deal and went straight to the 2 gallon tubbs to go..😁

Happy independence day everyone from small town usa.. God bless us all..
Grant

bikemutt

Happy Independence Day to all you good folks here!

I celebrated freedom today by putting the finishing touches on my streamlined reloading bench. Everything is now within easy reach, and the bench has power height adjustment with presets; it's nice to tap 1 for standing CoAx, 3 for seated CoAx, etc.

Chris

eas1949

I celebrated today because it's my birthday.  Cake and Ice cream !!!!
Eric
NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

jvw2008

Very nice Chris! I like the plaque on the wall. Nice touch!

jvw2008

Happy Birthday Eric! Hope it's a great one for you. 👍

LeadHammer

Happy Independence Day to my southern friends and neighbors.

Happy bday Eric!!