News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

TL3 / Foundation build

Started by DHuffman, April 21, 2023, 04:06:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHuffman

Seating, took a guess at charge weight last night when loading. Picked the biggest end of the ladder.

That's 150 yds not 50 LOL I cropped the 1 off in the pic

Dave

DHuffman

I bought a set of used Norma 6 BR Norma cases last fall.
450+ pieces
After sorting through it I ended up with 300 +/- good cases and about 85 nice Lapua cases. There was a .220 Russian fire formed out to 6 ppc as well and a handful of Grendels. Paid $150 for all of it so I think it was a sweet deal.

Anyway I wanted the Normas to have a set of PRS match brass. Here's a 600 yard one shot ladder to get a handle on volume/velocity.

Dave

Bullet Jockey

My 6br shot stupid good with 30.2gr of Varget and 105's.

DHuffman

25° this morning, had one hangfire on one of the lighter charges. Might be too cold or may have been casefill.

I may be all wet but it seems like a slower powder has a crazy wide node in the BR case
Dave

DHuffman

Quote from: Bullet Jockey on December 26, 2023, 01:29:21 PMMy 6br shot stupid good with 30.2gr of Varget and 105's.

An old single shot Savage, a 6br criterion barrel, a jug of Varget and 105 hvlds are what put me on the road to ruin LOL. It all shot so well I got to thinking I could be a Benchrest shooter.
This barrel on this TL3 is that barrel. Was used when I got it, unknown round count then and I've easily put a couple thousand on it.
Set it back .100" +/- when I put it on this gun.
Dave

DHuffman

This rig and the VTacs got backburnered as well and while it shot decent at 2880ish I started backing it down as well and hit another node at 2830ish then backed it down even more and shot some pretty small stuff in some pretty heavy wind yesterday at 2740-60

Loaded a 600 yd seating ladder and shot these today and 30.6 averaged 2730 on 22 shots with an SD of 10
This is on the Norma 6 BR Norma brass I was bitching about in Chris's thread.

The yellow bull is 2"

Think I'll load it -.009"
Wyatt and a young man who works with him and I will be shooting the WPR Sunrise City Shootout in Sydney MT this coming Saturday.
All 3 6 BRs on 103 VTacs shooting H4350

I'm looking forward to it, then in two weeks (5-11-24) the WPR Sharpshooter Fab Shootout in Williston ND then one week after that the WPR/PRS Minot Meltdown in Minot ND
Dave

DHuffman

Here's Wyatt and Clayton doing a little tuning on the edge of the Badlands

Dave

LeadHammer

Good luck to you all at the match.

MJeff23

@DHuffman how did y'all shoot?  I was supposed to shoot the Alabama Precision 2-day this past weekend, but had to volunteer to be an RO due to a rotting knee.  Probably going to miss the Kahles match at K&M next month too.
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

DHuffman

Tuning has gone well, I'm still shooting an old barrel but Wyatt and Clayton are on fresh gear.

Wyatt shot a pro match in IA in March, finished mid pack if I remember correctly.

First match ever for Clayton, third match ever and first this season for me is Saturday
Dave

DHuffman

Wyatt barreled this Kelbly Atlas for Clayton while I supervised LOL

Dave

DHuffman

Pretty quick and dirty powder verification on construction paper. Found a roll of it in my trailer and shot the 2 shot ladder at 600

30.7 & 30.9 were together on the paper and I had 5 extra loaded at 30.8 because I had a hunch LOL and used them to zero the scope and get a velocity for the app

So I'll load 30.8 @ .009 off for the Sunrise City Shootout in Sidney MT Saturday.
Dave