News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Zermatt Actions

Started by DHuffman, April 13, 2023, 10:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvw2008

Quote from: HufD63 on April 13, 2023, 08:08:49 PMWas the TL3 you handled DLC coated?

No just stainless. I imagine the coating would help. I wonder how easy that action is to time.

DHuffman

Quote from: jvw2008 on April 13, 2023, 08:47:06 PMNo just stainless. I imagine the coating would help. I wonder how easy that action is to time.

I've heard they need no timing with a TT trigger, I've also read it's a pretty easy matter to do yourself or if you send it and your trigger in to Zermatt they'll time it.
Dave

jvw2008

That would be sweet. Have you used a TT Diamond yet?

DHuffman

I have not, Wyatt has the TT special and it's a nice trigger.
Dave

jvw2008

I haven't shot the special but a trainer friend says you can't feel the difference with the Diamond if thy are both set to 1#. I use the Diamond on a Mausingfield and prefer a 8-9 oz setting.

I can not tell you how impressed I am with the mechanism.
Well I can - it's sweet.

autoxforfun

Both of mine have the TT Diamond.....the best triggers I have other than the Jewel BR on the Defiance.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

DHuffman

Yeah I'll be going with the Diamond
Dave

Rob01

I have two TL3s and love them. One is a .223 and the other, below, I change between 6 and 6.5 Creedmoor. Can't say anything bad about them. They are smooth and feed well. I have a TT Diamond in one and a Timney Calvin Elite in the other. Both work great.

DHuffman

I'm committed now LOL picked up a Foundation Genesis mg2 with Hawkins bottom metal and a brass Anarchy front rail today inletted for a TL3 so nothing left to do but get an action and trigger coming.

I'd like to thank all the Savages I sold in the last week I was no longer shooting/enjoying for making these purchases easier to swallow  ;D 
Dave

LeadHammer

That's a good way to do it. Make room and get a better rifle.

Rob01

Yup the old "sell to buy" is a bedrock in the firearms owners book of getting new stuff. LOL