News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

First painted stock

Started by autoxforfun, April 12, 2023, 07:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvw2008

That's amazing Bob. You've more than doubled horsepower over cubic inches!!!

autoxforfun

Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

DHuffman

Would be for me, I'm used to diesel semis and equipment that 2k is enough.
Dave

autoxforfun

Quote from: jvw2008 on April 29, 2023, 07:30:42 PMThat's amazing Bob. You've more than doubled horsepower over cubic inches!!!
I was pretty surprised at the final result. There are a couple things that helped.  The flat crank improved the header effectiveness and reduced the rotating mass.  Also E85 helped with oxygenation and cooling of the charge.  But was not expecting to see this motor continuing to gain power all the way to 8500.  It is down on low end torque from what I am used to and that is needed to get out of the corner.  So playing with gearing to see what I can get back.  Looking forward to getting behind the wheel.
Bob

LeadHammer

Were you able to advance the timing more with the E85?

autoxforfun

Quote from: LeadHammer on April 29, 2023, 11:49:41 PMWere you able to advance the timing more with the E85?
If I was running pump gas, then E85 would allow a more aggressive timing.  But with the compression ration close to 13:1, I was running 112 Octane race fuel, so the timing didn't change with the move to E85.  I just needed to run about 30% more fuel with E85.
Bob