News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

Bat LG

Started by DHuffman, March 25, 2023, 10:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHuffman

This is my new Bat B flat bottom actioned LG

Laminate Deep Creek LRB lo pro stock. Bix & Andy trigger, 4 groove Lilja HV 6 BRA
Picked up another NF NXS 12-42, .125" click NP 2DD reticle, same scope as on the Panda.

I broke the barrel in FF 20 pieces of Lapua 6 BR into BRA today and all I can say is WOW in regards to the stock. Tracks amazing, resists rolling in the bag when opening and closing the bolt and just runs amazing.
2" longer than a Wheeler/McMillan makes it balance/handle better in the bags front to back as well.

Dave

DHuffman

Quote from: jvw2008 on March 25, 2023, 10:47:14 PMThis is the stock my HG is being built on. I can not see the forearm well. Are there runners under there?
Yes in the wood
Dave

jvw2008

Now I'm not sure Shawn was doing the lo pro for me.  Will have to check.

DHuffman

Better pics of the stock

The first time I saw a F Class stock with the long sled that lowered the gun I knew those guys were onto something @Bullet Jockey
Dave

DHuffman

It weighs 16.8# picking it up you have to be careful you don't throw it over your shoulder after handling the fat panda LOL
Dave

jvw2008

Thanks for the pics.

LeadHammer

Sweet looking rig there Dave!

DHuffman

First two powder ladders on this one. Obviously not on the seating node. Virgin Alpha brass got stickier the higher I pushed it.
Will definitely have to run it in the low node first firing.

Seated +008

Dave

DHuffman

Seating ladders on the Bat today shot the 30.3 from the powder test because of its lack of vertical and it's affinity to 30.4

I would have 30.8 but the Virgin Alpha struggles to get through a ladder without getting sticky.

It struggled today also but it was cold and humid.

Dave

LeadHammer

+6 maybe? I wonder what +14 would have done, to help out the +13

DHuffman

Quote from: LeadHammer on April 23, 2023, 10:37:08 PM+6 maybe? I wonder what +14 would have done, to help out the +13

On the low ladder 6 is going to fade into 5 with any erosion. 4 looks great so I might see what 3 looks like.
12 and 13 would probably clean up and it might have been me, the mirage was no joke on the high ladder.
Dave

autoxforfun

I don't shoot the 103g Bart's but do shoot the 105g's.  I have found that +3 to +5 works the best for me in the 6mm Dasher.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

LeadHammer

Quote from: HufD63 on April 23, 2023, 10:52:33 PMOn the low ladder 6 is going to fade into 5 with any erosion. 4 looks great so I might see what 3 looks like.
12 and 13 would probably clean up and it might have been me, the mirage was no joke on the high ladder.

I was looking at the poi of 5 and 6, but you are correct, 5 does have lots of vertical and won't give you that many rounds before to get to there. What is your target dot size, 2"

DHuffman

Quote from: LeadHammer on April 24, 2023, 04:41:37 AMI was looking at the poi of 5 and 6, but you are correct, 5 does have lots of vertical and won't give you that many rounds before to get to there. What is your target dot size, 2"

2" overall 1" on the inner orange bull
Dave

DHuffman

Quote from: autoxforfun on April 23, 2023, 11:14:33 PMI don't shoot the 103g Bart's but do shoot the 105g's.  I have found that +3 to +5 works the best for me in the 6mm Dasher.

I'm not sure I can trust a guy who skips the NBRSA LR Nationals to work on a car Bob :o

Just kidding of course, thanks!
Dave