New scope! Zeiss LRP S3 6-36x56

Started by Rob01, March 04, 2023, 02:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob01

Bought one of the Zeiss LRP S3 6-36x56 for my Vudoo and it showed up yesterday. Got it mounted up and took it to the range today. Zeiss did a great job on this optic! Glass is great and the reticle is very useful. On my 40 MOA base I have 26.5 mils of elevation left so plenty for  matches to reach past 400 yards with the .22LR. The parallax and windage have reference marks higher up so you can see them easier when behind the rifle. I think I found the scope that will be living on my Vudoo now.

Had my friend Gary at the sight in 50/100 range with his Gen III Razor and ZCO as well. I looked at the Razor, Zeiss and Burris Pro first and then let him take a look but I didn't say what I felt so not to muddy the waters. After he got done he said the same thing I saw. The Zeiss and Razor III were even with the Pro just a smidge behind them with glass. The ZCO was a little better as to be expected. I then took the Zeiss and Pro over to the longer range and with the heavy mirage today it was a good test. The Zeiss again edged out the Pro in cutting mirage.

Can't wait to get this scope out to a match!

Rob01

Liked my 6-36 so much I ordered a 4-25. My Zeiss LRP S3 4-25x50 showed up today and man it is nice! The glass is very clear and bright. Same reticle as the 6-36 so no surprise there. Basically the same excellent scope as its big brother but lower power. I took some pics of both scopes together. The 6-36 still on my Vudoo and the 4-25x50 on my 6/6.5 Creedmoor now. I have the 4-25 in a 20 MOA MPA mount so when I drop it on the Vudoo I should have close to 40.5 mils of elevation on the 40 MOA base. Will have over 34 mils on the 20 MOA base. As I said before about the 6-36, Zeiss did a great job on the 4-25 also. I have some cheap caps on it from an Arken scope until the Zeiss caps ship next month.

If you are in need of a scope you should definitely check these out if they are in your price range and fit your use.

LeadHammer

They look good. Sure be nice to have one of those 4-25'ers.

Rob01

Yup I was real happy when I popped the box open and started handling it. Once I got it mounted I was happier. Nice big eye box and great glass. Not the cheapest optic but great option when compared to others in its price range. Even better at the Expertvoice price.

Rob01

I got out today with the 4-25 for an initial zero and shooting out to 1000 to check data. I looked at the parallax at the 300 yard and out range and it actually worked well when transitioning. 300-500 yard is close and not a lot of adjustment needed. When I went from 600 to 1000 it was basically the same. Set at 1000 I could come in and see and impact 600 yards without issue. I did have the parallax set at the block just before the white block at infinity at 1000 on the parallax knob. It was actually the same setting for the 4-25 and 6-36 at 1000. I have a match in 2 weeks I will be shooting with the 4-25 and will have targets out to 1600 yards so will be interested to see how it does that deep.

It was a pretty hot and humid day and the mirage was cooking today but the glass did very well with it. I put it next to my buddy's ZCO with both set at 25x and the ZCO we both thought it was close but the ZCO was a little better cutting the mirage as most would expect. Had no problem seeing and hitting the piece of shot up grey 6" steel at 550 yards today so The Zeiss did a good job.

I also ended up with about 37 mils of elevation with the 4-25 in a 20 moa mount on a 20 moa base. I didn't notice any shadowing in the edges when topped out in elevation. If I put it on my 40 MOA on the Vudoo I should be able to dial out past 600 yards with the .22LR. That's nice! ;)