News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Strelok and Strelok Pro - Sanctioned?

Started by EagleSix, February 27, 2023, 03:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleSix

I read this in a thread in the AS forum and thought maybe there are members here not aware and may be of interest to them.

https://www.state.gov/the-united-states-takes-sweeping-actions-on-the-one-year-anniversary-of-russias-war-against-ukraine/

DHuffman

I read the thread earlier but not the attachment yet. Thanks for dragging it over, I no longer use Strelok but others may.
Dave

EagleSix

For those that may have interest, it is towards the bottom of the linked article as bullet quote...

Igor Vladimirovich Borisov is the developer of Strelok and Strelok Pro, mobile phone applications used for ballistics calculations, which have reportedly been used by Russia's forces in Ukraine.

LeadHammer

I like Strelok pro. He always updates and adds different reticles in it.

EagleSix

I've read he will not be adding updates for a while.  I don't know, I have never used it, just repeating what I have read other places.

LeadHammer

Feb 22/2023 was my last  Strelok update.

EagleSix

There is more discussion on this at the AS forum.  Others have reported they got an update like you have on the same date if I remember correctly.  There is also some discussion from the horses mouth on the Strelok Facebook page.  I don't do facebook.

LeadHammer

It would not surprise me if it was wiped out. The world sucks badly the last few years, they might as well screw up some more stuff.

Denver Steve

Thats too bad. I really like my strelok pro app. Especially the part that it has basically all my scope reticles in it.

EagleSix

Hopefully users can keep on using it and hopefully Igor can find a way around this to keep the updates coming.  That is supposedly what he states he wants to do, and nothing about the money.

LeadHammer

Just an FYI to this thread. I had updates with Strelok today. 

EagleSix

I keep reading that other places that the updates are still coming through.  It appears although he is listed by the state department, his app's 'Strelok', 'Strelok+, and 'Strelok Pro' are still listed at the Play Store and I just downloaded his basic program.  Maybe the effort to stop his program takes some time to get to Google or maybe it's just talk and no action.  I don't use it, but it still concerns me and at this point is confusing!!

LeadHammer

Oh it will probably happen, so far so good though. Updates are usually just added reticles, still nice to have that.