News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Components

Started by jvw2008, January 05, 2023, 06:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvw2008

Seems like reloading components are gradually becoming more available. Our local Scheels store had a "no limit" on components yesterday and they had a fairly healthy inventory - albeit much more expensive than when this last shortage started. If I had wanted I could have gotten 10 bricks of BR4s. At $130 per brick I decided three were enough. 😊
If availability continues to improve we may see prices come down some but I think inflation will prevent them from returning to the "good-ole-days". I hate the increased costs but it's a relief to know I don't have to stop reloading.

Bullet Jockey

Today was a great day for components at my house.I had 16lbs of powder show up, 500 Berger 215's, and Ken Hottenstein sent me 250 30cal bullets to try out. :D  :D

gman47564

I have been lucky enough to get stocked back up on most things here the last couple months thanks to a retired buddy that keeps a eye out for things I need.. I even got a couple bricks of cci200's today.. 3 boxes of 215 hybrids a couple weeks ago.. I'm setting pretty good.. I don't like the prices but will gladly pay them to continue being able to shoot when I want and however much I want.. I do hope the shelves start running over with components soon and the prices start coming down.. I also hope the guys that's hoarded pallets of primers and bullets with the intent of doubling their money on them get stuck with them for the next 50 years.. lol..
Grant

DHuffman

I think we're enjoying a period where some product is available obviously. We're all aware most of this stuff is made in lots or runs and I've heard much of what we use is not in a constant state of manufacture. Make a run of one product then switch over to another and repeat until you get through the various product lines then start over. I do worry that a lot of this stuff will sell out before it comes up on the line again.

If anyone hasn't got H4350 or Varget lately they've either been pinching pennies or sleeping but H4895 seemed to make a short hit and miss appearance for a week or two then nothing.
Small primers seem to have caught up but LR not so much. Retumbo?? Can't remember the last time I saw any that wasn't in my closet LOL if I see something I need I'm buying it, not waiting on the surplus to drive prices down.
Dave

jvw2008

Quote from: Bullet Jockey on January 05, 2023, 07:01:05 PMToday was a great day for components at my house.I had 16lbs of powder show up, 500 Berger 215's, and Ken Hottenstein sent me 250 30cal bullets to try out. :D  :D

Nice haul!!

LeadHammer

Powder trickles in here and there up here, but no primers yet, thankfully I have enough.  Bullets seem to trickle in, but some places like Cabelas, are $110 per 100 Berger's

VA-XBolt

Not a lot of powder here (H4350), or the primers I use (BR-2) but I'm actually in decent shape on those, as well as Lapua brass. My biggest issue is the Berger 153.5gr 6.5cm bullets. Those, I need more of and I am checking multiple on-line locations daily.

As far as Cabela's having anything of interest, they have not been a good place to try and shop for two years or better. My nearest Cabela's is over an hours drive, so I don't get by there often just to peek inside. My local gunshops are pretty lean in general, so the vast majority of my shopping is all online, and shipped direct to me.

Bullet Jockey

Quote from: gman47564 on January 05, 2023, 07:05:18 PMI also hope the guys that's hoarded pallets of primers and bullets with the intent of doubling their money on them get stuck with them for the next 50 years.. lol.

I agree 100%!!

DHuffman

Quote from: Bullet Jockey on January 06, 2023, 07:31:04 AM
Quote from: gman47564 on January 05, 2023, 07:05:18 PMI also hope the guys that's hoarded pallets of primers and bullets with the intent of doubling their money on them get stuck with them for the next 50 years.. lol.

I agree 100%!!

I agree as well but we proved to them we'll pay the price if we have to do I'm guessing they'll be alright.
Dave

LeadHammer

We usually pay way too much in shipping anything. If we order powder and ship to the store, it's free to pick up. ( I have a Cabelas in my city )  Several local small stores often struggle to bring powder in. I did manage 2 lbs of H4350 from one of them a few weeks ago. Lots of places don't ship powder anymore.

Bullet Jockey

Quote from: HufD63 on January 06, 2023, 09:23:10 AMI agree as well but we proved to them we'll pay the price if we have to do I'm guessing they'll be alright.

Dave you are correct. I found myself in this position early last year with a powder that we use a lot. I paid almost 1k for 16lbs of powder. I wasn't low on that particular powder but the lack of future availability had me spooked. I thought to myself...man you're a dumbass...after that I set a limit for the amount I would be willing to pay for a 1lb or an 8lb jug. So far I've done fairly well at sticking to my boundaries. 

jvw2008

Yesterday I felt a little bit like a dumbass paying $130 for bricks of primers. Then I realized if I didn't buy them, someone else would. Capitalism and free market playing tug of war with desire.

MJeff23

Quote from: jvw2008 on January 06, 2023, 12:46:38 PMCapitalism and free market playing tug of war with desire.
Could not be better stated...
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

jvw2008

It can be very aggravating but I would not want any of the alternatives. 😊

autoxforfun

I don't really NEED any thing for now.  Have been able opportunistically find what was required.   But I did just buy some H4831SC from PV last night.   Saw they had some 8lbs jugs available so jumped on it.  One of those impulse buys....but what hurts more than the list price is the hazmat, shipping and tax adders.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough