News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Which Bore Scope?

Started by Roaneman, October 23, 2022, 07:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roaneman

I'm using a low cost Teslong bore scope that simply hooks up to your phone or Ipad through wi-fi and uses an appropriate app to view.  It works ok I think, but I have no benchmark in my head since it's all I have ever used.  I find it annoying that the lens/mirror assembly on the probe must be piddled around with to obtain a reasonable focus.

Not looking to spend what my proctologist spent on his, however I would like opinions on what is out there that you folks consider a good bang for the buck for our purposes.

Thanks.
Roaneman

jvw2008

I've used a Larry Willis, Hawkeye, and a Teslong. Don't think you can beat the Teslong when considering cost and image quality.

VA-XBolt

I have an older Lyman, and a newer Teslong. Both have the screen/control/storage device. I've had the same "focus" problems you've noted with each, but have gotten used to dealing with it. The Teslong has been better than then Lyman by far, and considering the price, I'd call it a bargain for what you get.

Bullet Jockey

Teslong for the win....price point, image quality, and the information gathered it's a winner IMO.

A little trick that you may already know but I will share anyways.....Put your fingertip up to the mirror and adjust the mirror focus until your finger prints are clear as a bell. Seems to work for me and a few of my shooting buddys.

Bullet Jockey

ARRGGHH...I see this is an older thread...my apologies...newbie still learning how to navigate the site.

DHuffman

Quote from: Bullet Jockey on November 30, 2022, 07:57:57 AMARRGGHH...I see this is an older thread...my apologies...newbie still learning how to navigate the site.

No worries the threads not that old and still relevant IMO

This website will warn you if you are attempt to bump a thread over 120 days old IIRC, nice feature.
Dave

jvw2008

I like to see old threads revived. Gives us a chance to update the subject with new data and ideas. When I go back and look at some of my posts in threads from 2014 I just shake my head and smile sarcastically.