News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Brownells has CCI Small Rifle Benchrest Primers in Stock

Started by VA-XBolt, September 20, 2022, 11:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHuffman

Thanks for posting. I'm sure it will help someone.

Makes me feel better about paying $145 per K last summer at a LGS
Dave

jvw2008

Think we are looking at a new price structure on all our components.

VA-XBolt

Well, I don't think we'll ever get back to the pricing and general availability that we had 3+ years ago. So, sadly our choice is simply to simply suck it up and keep shooting, or give up on the sport.

Amazingly, recently I was at one of our local Ace hardware stores in a smaller town near me, and they had 3 8lb jugs of H4350 on the shelf at $369/ea plus tax. I bought one, and left the other two. I probably would have bought more, but I'm still short Bergers as compared to the powder and primers that I have on hand.

LeadHammer

Nice score on the powder. Should have bought a second one to trade for Berger's. ( not me )

VA-XBolt

Quote from: LeadHammer on September 21, 2022, 10:08:30 AMNice score on the powder. Should have bought a second one to trade for Berger's.

At some point, I may end up regretting that decision to not buy more powder as it was available... Given that Brownells current price listed for an 8lb jug is $384.49, plus HazMat (but unavailable), I don't feel bad about what I paid.

Windsage

Quote from: jvw2008 on September 20, 2022, 10:45:08 PMThink we are looking at a new price structure on all our components.

I like how the Brownells page shows the price for one box of primers and right under it it says "financing available".

VA-XBolt

Quote from: Windsage on September 21, 2022, 08:13:02 PM
Quote from: jvw2008 on September 20, 2022, 10:45:08 PMThink we are looking at a new price structure on all our components.

I like how the Brownells page shows the price for one box of primers and right under it it says "financing available".

Pretty much anything in stock at Brownells shows the Credova "Financing Available" as an option. Not sure how that system actually works, but I guess for big items for some people, it could have some appeal.