News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Odd

Started by LeadHammer, January 29, 2022, 07:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeadHammer

So yesterday in anticipation of my new stock, I decided to clean my rifle real good with the KG products I have. While cleaning and looking into the chamber area, I saw some rubbing marks, it is at the 4-5:00 when looking from the rear of the rifle. The bolt looks pretty normal except for possible indication of the extractor making the mark. Things I am going to do before Tuesday.( new chassis new delivery date )
Going to disassemble the bolt to confirm, if possible, that the bolt is or is not dragging. I use a bore guide, so I feel that it's not from that, especially since the marks are only at the 4-5:00 area. I dunno, maybe some debris got in there at some point. Maybe the barrel was a bit too close when installed from the factory and I never noticed. Seems strange and think it must have been debris or something. Rifle still shoots great.

gman47564

Them marks may be from where the ejector is pushing the cases against the side of the action upon extraction.. may not be either but thats my guess..
Grant

LeadHammer

Possible maybe, the marks seem more harsh than the brass could accomplish. I will have to find a way to get a picture of it tomorrow. About to watch the Hobbit with my kid tonight. I think I have seen some pics on here someplace of places I can polish to smooth out the action of the bolt?  Mine is pretty decent, mostly the lift is firm. My old Japan built A bolt is much better in that regard.  Fellow at the range today had some fancy Weatherby, I ran his bolt and it was noticeably worse than my A bolt, even worse than my Stealth.

LeadHammer

Well I just found time for a quick look at my barrel. Stuck my flashlight in there, jammed my phone in there for a pic. Zoomed in and.................... can clearly see a stamp that reads 62.   Lol. Not sure why I never noticed it before, at least it os good to go. Stock is set to arrive Tuesday but Canada Post says it processed and in my city. Maybe it will come tomorrow with any luck.

jvw2008

I must be missing something. 🤔
Why is 62 stamped in there?

LeadHammer

I don't know. The Stealth is supposed to be blueprinted or matched or whatever, maybe it's supposed to be with this bolt and it's just some reference number?? The bolt has different numbers than the barrel however. I would post a pic but can't so far without linking all of Imgur

gman47564

The bolt head and numbers on the action should match..
Grant

LeadHammer

I will have to check that out. The bolt number is more than 2 digits as well.

gman47564

They should both be 4 digit numbers
Grant

jvw2008

Quote from: gman47564 on January 30, 2022, 09:05:43 PMThey should both be 4 digit numbers

Correct so what the heck is the 62?!?

Wait a minute - are you saying the 62 is inside the barrel and you can see I with your phone???

LeadHammer

If you took my barrel off, placed it vertically on a table, muzzle up, the number would be touching the table. I had the flashlight lighting from the rear, and the phone camera jammed in the ejection port. The two digit number is at 5:00.

jvw2008

Ah, ok. That should be a manufacturer's tooling number I believe.

LeadHammer

Ok thanks. Sure looked like dings and scratches when I first looked in there.

LeadHammer

Can someone tell me if any unwanted links or anything strange with this photo. Thanks.

jvw2008

There are no links evident with that photo that I can see.