News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

PRIME Ammo

Started by sportacus, January 05, 2022, 05:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportacus

Haver been getting pinged every few days from PRIME.  6.5 CM.  Alpha brass, Berger 140 Hybrid.  $518 a case group buy, pre-order.  Delivery before 1 June 22.  I was weak and pulled the trigger. 
If you have the shot, take it.

sportacus

Forgot to mention my motivation.  Called Alamo Precision to give them a body count and my impression of the stick.  They had asked me to do that when the season wound down. Robert, "THE MAN" at APR answered the phone.  Gave him the rundown.  Five for six.  Missed a miserable coyote at 325 that as all on me.  A happy customer story. Closed out with my impression of 6.5 PRC 143 ELD-X.  Kills them deader than a brick, usually where they stand.   But had a couple want to sashay 30-40 yards.  No blood trail.  NADA.  No problem if in wide open Texas or leafless TN.  A LA pine/saw briar thicket, a problem.  He said the Berger 156 is the bomb for PRC and not to shy away from the 140 hybrid.  We will tone that one down to run at about 2800 from our PRC's.
If you have the shot, take it.