News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

CCI Small Rifle Primers

Started by sportacus, November 21, 2021, 11:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportacus

Just saw the email from Brownell's.  Came in hour ago.  They have CCI SRP in stock.
If you have the shot, take it.

jvw2008

I saw that. $125 per brick. Two years ago they were running about 1/3 of that.

gman47564

Then tack on a 30$ hazmat fee.. ????

But if you need them their there..
Grant

jvw2008

I would like to see them stay there a couple days and not all get sucked up in 2 hours. It would be an indication that the urge to hoard is cooling down.

DHuffman

I went ahead and bought a brick of BR 4s at that price. I probably had enough to get through next season with 1 gun. Both of my bench guns have usually preferred 400s but the Borden on virgin Alpha brass was getting some bolt lift on 400s  last season.
It was better on the BR 4s and but I never got around to trying the 400s again once they had a firing on them to seeing if that was better or not.
I'm guessing it was a virgin brass with slightly less volume than the Lapua thing. With a 3rd gun being built that I'll probably run on the alpha I'll have enough of the BR 4s to get 2 guns through the season if needed.  And I may buy one more brick just in case LOL but I've seen BR 4s higher priced than that lately.
The price is tough to swallow but if they are what a gun prefers I'm not going to let 6 cents per round keep a gun from shooting it's best.
Dave

jvw2008

If I wasn't already sitting on four bricks of them I probably would have swallowed the pill as well.

gman47564

I bought 4 bricks of them as well about a month ago.. i was out.. gregg sent me a couple hundred to get me buy till they come up.. then a couple weeks ago i ran across them at a gun store in ky.. was happy to see they was 85 a brick there.. so i picked up 2 more bricks.. im good on br4's for the foreseeable future..
Grant

autoxforfun

I saw them about two weeks ago and picked up two at that price....I was almost out of BR-4s and figured this would last me more than a year or two.  So they have been available for awhile now.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Kansaswoodguy

I'm sitting on a pile of them. I've always tried to keep about 10,000 primers on hand because of shortages after this BS blows over I may up my number to 20,000 primers. I do the same with 22 ammo I can never have to much I've got three boys.