News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Humboldt SD 600 yard match

Started by DHuffman, October 02, 2021, 09:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DHuffman

Managed a "50" that measured 1.442" was highest score and smallest LG group today.

Think I wound up 2nd in LG group & 3rd overall
HG was pretty miserable LOL but I finished 4th in group and 6th overall in Two Gun.

20 shooters today, SD State Match tomorrow.
Dave

gman47564

Nice shooting dave.. way to go. Good luck tomorrow..
Grant

autoxforfun

Nicely done Dave......keep it up !!
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

DHuffman

Another 50 today. 2.0"

Shot another 1.5" group today also.

3rd in LG
HG was a wreck for me and everyone else on the last relay today.

I'll link the results when they come up on the IBS site.
Picked up 9 SOY points this weekend should put me inside the top 40 for all IBS 600 yard competition for the year LOL
Dave

jvw2008

That's a very successful weekend Dave. Congratulations. I know you were driving one rifle on its last legs this weekend so I'd saw you did well. ????

rardoin

DHuffman

Quote from: rardoin on October 04, 2021, 12:14:59 PMGreat shooting Dave!!!

Thank you!
Couldn't get the Panda to shoot in HG Saturday
Ran the Borden both classes Sunday and was doing better. There were 6 or 7 of us on the last relay to the bench in HG that got wrecked pretty good by a let off immediately followed by a pickup that most of us couldn't keep up with.

I was on the trust your last sighter program and really got hammered LOL
Dave

DHuffman

Dave

jvw2008

"I was on the trust your last sighter program and really got hammered LOL"

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to use an e-target to mark your last record shot as a sighter for the next record round. That would be just like cheating' !!

DHuffman

Quote from: jvw2008 on October 04, 2021, 04:54:40 PM"I was on the trust your last sighter program and really got hammered LOL"

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to use an e-target to mark your last record shot as a sighter for the next record round. That would be just like cheating' !!

That would not be benchrest..... I'm not criticizing anyone else's game at all but a lot of people fail to realize the difference between shooting "blind" and relying on your gut versus having a spotter, being their own spotter or being able to make adjustments off your splash.

When that wind let off Sunday afternoon in the sighter period it shifted my bullet a foot right in the last 30 seconds before going to record so honestly by the time you take another sighter, get back on the plate and process the hit and see the flags shift again there's a big decision to make and seconds to decide where you're going to hold five record shots.
Dave

jvw2008

Been there, done that, and suffered the DQ. ????????
That stands for disqualification not Dairy Queen.

autoxforfun

Congrats Dave on the 1st places for LG single target score and group on the first day and being solidly on the LG podium on the 2nd day.  Looks like there was some really solid competition.

I am in awe of those that can do well in changing conditions.....definitely a challenge.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

DHuffman

The more I'm around true unlimited heavy guns the more I'm in awe of them.
I don't see a wind advantage but they have a definite tracking advantage that really shines in the mirage whether heat or wind induced.
Most of those guys just take the first shot and return the gun to the stop and shoot 4 more times.

The whole dragging around 60 pounds plus of gun alone plus rests keeps me from having one though.
Dave

jvw2008

Rail Guns track even better. I'm all for improving the tracking of your system, but when the system tracks so well that it takes the shooter out of the equation, I loose interest.

DHuffman

I agree, I'm thinking more along the lines of a 22# gun with a 6" fore end, HG & Rendezvous legal.

My Panda action will handle a .284 case. I've got 6 BRA, 7-08 imp & 6.5x47 L imp barrels for it the add a braked 6 Dasher barrel and try that set up.
Dave