News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Your take ATN 4K Pro

Started by RetiredChief, August 07, 2021, 08:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetiredChief

My take on the ATN 4K-Pro.  Last summer I bought the 3->15X version and used it this past Christmas. 3 Shots, 3 deer down – 2 DRT, 3rd traveled about 10 Yards.
1)   Great for hunting, don't think I would like it for long range target shooting.  The clarity is NOT on par with optical scopes. (PS some of that could be these 78 year old eyes.)
2)   Sets high on the rifle.  On my Savage and the Ruger about 2.8 inches using the included rings.  I prefer lower.  Purchased rings that lowered it to about 1.9 inches.
3)   It has digital zoom that takes it up to 30x, But above about 20X you start to see Pixilation.  The 5x->20x digital goes up to 50X, but above about 30x you get Pixilation.
4)   You can input Velocity, BC, Bullet weight, Zero range, sight height.
5)   You can save the settings to a card so that you can swap between rifles – Just read in the profile for the rifle in use.  (Yes you need to check zero, but if not spot on – it should be very close.
6)   With the add-on laser range finder it will auto adjust for range.  You can input wind speed and direction.  The scope has a built in compass, so if you do input the wind data it will auto adjust.
7)   It does have a Night vision setting, But I have not used that function.
8)   It has the ability of A) snapping a picture, or B) take a video. Here is a picture of one about 15 yards from my tree stand – To Small, let her live.  I took a video of one about 15 minutes later that I did take down, That was the one that made it about 10 yards before dropping.  Viewing the video, I saw her drop when shot, get up and show her flag.