News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

Got me a new rig..

Started by gman47564, July 17, 2021, 03:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

Well its not a Cadillac... lol but no complaints from me.. remember i set in a excavator seat 10 hours a day????
Grant

Kansaswoodguy

We had a Polaris 4 seater with dump bed loved the idea  of it but IMG expensive anytime something was wrong with it we finally got rid of it. I would maybe consider one of the mini trucks it would be about the same in use as the 4 seater side by side  but hopefully cheaper to repair.

gman47564

Well the mini let me down today.. i knew the clutch was weak in it so i been taking it pretty easy on the little thing.. and i could also hear the throw out bearing making a little noise when i pushed the clutch in.. a few days ago it was about 20 degrees out that morning  and i took off in it.. i could really hear the throw out bearing making noise when the clutch was in.. i thought well thats going to go out before long and it did today.. lol.. so i have been unbolting everything and getting it ready to pull the transmission and transfer case out of it.. only thing left to do is take 2 bell housing bolts out and it should be ready to pull out.. will get my boy up here tommorow and have him help me get it out.. I've got to where i hate to mechanic on things but for some reason i dont mind working on the mini..
Grant

autoxforfun

I especially dislike working on mechanical stuff when it is cold.....hopefully you and your son can make short work of it.  Are parts readily available?
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

Bob parts are fairly easy to find for it.. i found several places that had clutch kits for it.. comes with clutch , pressure plate and throw out bearing.  It wasnt to bad to get the transmission ready to pull.. i think it took 2 different size sockets and 2 different sizes of wrenches.. lol.. little bit of wiring to unhook and some shifter cables to unhook..
Grant

gman47564

Decided to just pull this transmission and transfer case out myself.. isn't that big.. as i suspected the throw out bearing had locked up on it.. the good thing is it didnt seem to hurt anything else.. got a clutch kit ordered and should be back in business before to long..  :D
Grant

DHuffman

I've got an 86 Suzuki Samurai that needs a clutch. Can't remember the Year but I also have an 8 valve EFI Geo Tracker that needs a fuel pump and a little suspension work.
My 40' x 64' shop is so full I don't see either happening anytime soon LOL
Dave

gman47564

Seems like if something breaks and i dont get on it right away and get it fixed it ends up back in the fence row forgotten about.. lol.. i drive this thing around to much for it to end up in the fence row.. lol
Grant

DHuffman

Quote from: gman47564 on November 28, 2021, 09:54:58 AMSeems like if something breaks and i dont get on it right away and get it fixed it ends up back in the fence row forgotten about.. lol.. i drive this thing around to much for it to end up in the fence row.. lol

That's one of the problems, I've got an 03 Chevy Avalanche with 180k miles that 2 boys dinged up years ago. It's my knock around rig when I'm home. Rides like a car, full crew cab backseat for gear and a decent size bed. There's no real priority to get the two minis running.
If I ever find a decent deal on another avalanche I'll be a buyer!
Dave

bikemutt

I had a '97 Chevy 3/4 ton long box I used as a snow plow truck. It couldn't pass a repair shop or a gas station, think it was a 460 cu in. When it came time to push snow though, with 1 ton of sand in the bed, real chains on all four, and an 8' Western blade on the front, it was unstoppable. I miss that 'ole girl, my wallet doesn't though :)
Chris

gman47564

Well the mini truck is back in business..  :D
Off work today and tommorow.. new clutch , pressure plate and throw out bearing came today.. got on it right away.. pretty good chore putting it all back together but its together and working as it should.. woo hoo...????

Tomorrow I will delve into the ar10..
Grant

bikemutt

Alright Grant, I found a rig I really think you'd trade me your mini truck for.

Parts readily available, great gas mileage, perfect for predator hunting, or any kinda hunting for that matter :)

Ammo is pricey but you reload  :))

Chris

gman47564

Lol.. that made me laugh.. good one chris.. the gun would look good in the back of the mini.. lol.. course i couldnt aford to shoot it but a round or two a month.. ????
Grant

NightForce

When I read "rig" I was expecting to see a new rifle...LOL

Nice RIG nevertheless!

gman47564

The mini earning its keep.. 5 or 6 weeks worth of ash wood on the back.. it will keep my house and gun building nice and toasty on these cold winter days..
Grant