News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

First Build, Range Test and got Stumped

Started by Square Grouper, December 08, 2020, 08:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Grouper

Finally finished my first AR10 platform build in 6.5.  After bore sighting and function testing, I was excited to get to the range to test and tune and set zero at 100yds.  22" barrel, Odin Works adjustable gas block, Lantac E-BCG and Luth AR Rifle 5.3oz buffer kit.

First single was with gas block open 3 clicks out of 20 detents.  Shot was on paper, just less than 1 mil right of center.  I was happy with that and more interested in gas tuning.  Looked around and found my brass far forward, 1:00 position.  Gun cycled and bolt locked open.  At only three clicks on the gas block, I was confused.  Closed the gas block to one click, fired again.  Same brass pattern, gun cycled, bolt held open.  Third shot I closed the GB completely.  Still no change, gun cycled, brass hard ejection at 1:00.  Now I'm really confused.  Opened GB 10 clicks, still same result.

After that I called it a day.  I'm thinking something has to be wrong with my gas block.  Planning to call Odin Works today. 

jvw2008

Square Grouper

Hard to believe these things can happen but I guess they can.  Odin Works was great, stated they think my adjustment screw may have a seating issue or some other issue, they are sending me a rebuild kit for the block.  If that doesn't work, they will send a new block.  Now I wait!