News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

New to me!

Started by mnbogboy, November 27, 2020, 01:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnbogboy

Mailman brought me a "new" press....not quite new probably late 70s early 80s.  Ebay find ($75) sold as Herter's model 6.  Their #3 was the bread & butter press of 60s & 70s.  The #6 is like the #3 with their later "refinements".  The other picture is the U3 which i bought in 1970.  Both use the same attachments and are tough. The ram is 1.25".
My U3 is showing a little wear after 50 years but todays delivery seems tight as new!  Definitely will outlast me.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

jvw2008

Whoa!!! That sucker looks like a horse! What's it weigh?

mnbogboy

Bathroom scale said 19.4 lbs.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

DHuffman

Nice I like the handle, betting it won't come off in your hand like this newer stuff.
Dave

gman47564

Another example of stuff being made to last back in the day.. nice snag randy..
Grant

Mark611

Very nice find for sure, I like the older presses, about 15yrs ago I went on a spree buying old RCBS JR3 presses off of ebay and found several that were like new condition very reasonable, I still have them and use them often but I kinda went the turret press route the T7 Redding and the Lyman Brass Smith, both are excellent presses! and very quick to load with! I prefer the single stage for my precision rifle loading but the turret presses I have trump the old single stage O block presses I have ;)